Need Fast Pass explanation

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
We have been to DLP three times now and never used fast pass system. My understanding of it is that you insert your park ticket into fast pass machine in front of ride (only certain rides have them) and you are given a ticket with a time on it. How many of these are you allowed to use? Next question- On our most recent visit we stayed at HNY and were given special fast passes (3 each )which we again never used. How are these different from the normal fast passes? Then, my DD2 fell and dislocated her arm and we spent a day at the hospital. On our return they gave us special passes where we just had to go to the exit of the ride and we got right on in front of the whole queue. The special fast passes that HNY gave us were not the same as these I am assuming. Can someone please explain the whole fast pass system to me like you are speaking to a child as I appear to have a mental block about it :confused3 . One of the employees at HNY tried to explain it to me but his English wasn't the best and I am still very much in the dark.

Cheers

When you come to a FP machine you insert your Park entrance pass,it then gives you a FP ticket,it'll have a time slot of one hour,lets say 1PM-2PM that is the time that you have been allocated to go on to that ride,when you arrive at the attraction their is a Fastpass entrance and the normal entrance,you just hand your ticket over.
After the machine gives you your Fastpass ticket DONOT forget to take your park entrance pass out of the machine as well.
So your Fastpass has 1PM-2PM on it,at 1.05PM or anytime after that you can obtain another Fastpass ticket.
I hope this has helped :)

:earsgirl:

nicola said:
We have been to DLP three times now and never used fast pass system. My understanding of it is that you insert your park ticket into fast pass machine in front of ride (only certain rides have them) and you are given a ticket with a time on it. How many of these are you allowed to use?

My understanding of the normal FP is that you can have as many as you want, BUT there are time limits. I think the machines display the time you would get a ticket for, so if you go to Space Mountain at 11 and it says FP for 14.30 available you have to decide if you want to give up your FP privelidges until then rather than taking one for 12.00 on Big Thunder.

This is taken from the Brit's Guide, which is a better explainer than me!

"The ticket indicates a time 'window' during which you should return to the FP queue (usually at least an hr later, or sometimes even 3 or 4 hrs). When your window is open simply return to the FP queue [& ride].

You can only hold ONE FP ticket at a time, and you need one for every member of the party.

Note: Although you can only hold one FP at a time once your 'window' is open you CAN get another. So if your FP time for BTM is 11.05-11.35, you could go over to the Indy ride at 11.10 and get a FP before your ride BTM."

Make sense!?
Im not sure about the hotel ones, do they not have a time window, like the ones Hotel guests at Universal Orlando have that automatically take you to the FP queue? But someone else Im sure will tell you.

Im also not sure of the situation on FP-ing between parks, I know this has come up on the WDW boards.If you have a FP for the RocknRollerCoaster in Studios thats time isnt for like 4 hours, could you then go and get one in DL Park within those 4 hours. I

Thanks guys :love: I now fully understand normal fastpass system. Is there anyone out there that can explain how these fastpasses we were given when staying at HNY work? We were each given three.

I don't think the info on only holding one FP at a time is true any more - I think they changed the system since Simon's book was published.

DLP has a diff system to the american parks i think- You can only hold 1 fastpast for that RIDE at any one time, however you can go to a different attraction and get a ticket straight away- Least this was the way it was last year, i got a fast pass for spacemountain, then went traight over to big thunder and got a fastpass for that too,

Gavvy

Ooops! Sorry, didn't know that, ignore anything I copied out for you!

So are we now agreed that you can hold more than one fastpass tickets at a time (not for the same ride though)?

Simon

Simon, It does appear that more than one fp ticket can be held at a time but not for same ride. My question about the special fast passes given out to guests of DLH and HNY is still unanswered. Does anyone know?

When we stayed at the DLH standard room we received 3 FP,s each to be used after 11am on any days we were there. The people staying in Castle Club received unlimited FP which meant any FP operated ride after 11am could be accessed without using the FP machines time and time again. I believe this is also available in the suites at NPB and HNY
Nicola The above was posted by Widget in a previous thread. They were obviously giving you "a treat" becuase you had been at the hospital all day. I think the fast pass system is great. It sounds like you would not have had to queue for a single ride, this would have compensated you for the day that you spent in the hospital and not able to get in the parks. Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter