Need dining info! And any suggestions of restaurants

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
I'm finally getting around to planning our trip for June. I've never been to Disneyland before, although many times to WDW. We'll be traveling w/our DDs ages 5 and 3 so we want to eat at nice restaurants, but nothing where our DDs wouldn't be comfortable and no dress code type places.

1. How far in advance can you make ADRs/PS?
2. Which character meals do you recommend?
3. Which nice restaurants for dinner do you recommend?

Thanks!

1. 60 days for dinning, 1 month for the F! dessert buffet w/ reserved seating.
2. I recomend Minnies for Breakfast at the plaza. Although, with 2 girls that age, Ariels with the princesses is probably a good idea!
3. There are no dress codes, because Disney knows its a family resort area. But, I would probably stay away from some place like Napa Rose with kids that age. The meal will take a while, and that isnt always easy with young kids. Storytellers at GC or Granvilles at DLH might be good options. Blue Bayou or Cafe New Orleans in the park.

1. How far in advance can you make ADRs/PS? I think the poster above has it right from what I understand

2. Which character meals do you recommend? Ariels Grotto. We go there everytime we go and my daughter LOVES it! :) She's 8 now and I thought she might be beyond the point of wanting to go to it, and I was wrong, she still wants to go again.

Not character, but I also recomend the show at the Golden Horseshoe Review for a lunchtime stop. It's Billy Hill and the Hillbillies and they are awesome and so funny. A great place to stop, eat and be entertained!

Mrs. Knotts Chicken Restaurant by Knotts Berry Farm. Love that place. It's not on Disney property, so probably consider this if you have a car there.

wishonstars said:

Mrs. Knotts Chicken Restaurant by Knotts Berry Farm. Love that place. It's not on Disney property, so probably consider this if you have a car there.

what...and waste time away from the parks :scared1: thats:crazy: :rotfl:

wishonstars said:
Not character, but I also recomend the show at the Golden Horseshoe Review for a lunchtime stop. It's Billy Hill and the Hillbillies and they are awesome and so funny. A great place to stop, eat and be entertained!

I agree!

I would suggest Goofy's Kitchen because the character interaction there is fab. Especially if you have kids. The characters really took their time with the families at each table, and some even came around several times.

Goofy kept coming up to my table to bug me, and the fairy god mother kept coming up to talk to us. She came up about 3 times to the table. It was magical. She even came up to present us with Goofy Buttons.

When I was there, I went for dinner, and my dinner was at 8:00pm. I was wondering what the interaction would have been at that time of night. But I saw Belle (IN THE BLUE DRESS SHE WEARS) :goodvibes, as well as Goofy, Pluto, Stitch, Aladdin, The fairy God mother, Gepetto, & Alice in Wonderland.

The characters did some dancing and everything. It was wonderful. I cant imagine what the interaction and the characters would be like during the day.

I tried Ariels grotto, but the screaming kids got to me, and the interaction wasnt as fab.

I would also suggest goofy's Kitchen it is must with our kids they love it we try and book the last time slot before they close between lunch and dinner. We seem to have better interaction with the characters since people are leaving and and there are no more reservations until dinner. Pilots Grill in DCA is good also. It is a counter service. The meals there are good size, and the kids meal prices include a drink. We haven't been lately but that how it was when we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter