Need devilled egg recipe--without pickle

alliecats

DIS Veteran
Hi, I need a good devilled egg recipe, PLEASE. I have a recipe that includes a tad pickle juice and relish, but I want one without pickle entirely (no pickle in any form).
Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

and remove the yolk into another bowl .....I mush them up really good and add salad dressing. Like miracle whip and some hearty yellow mustard. Like gouldans ......that gives it a nice zip to it.....less mustard though. AND then mix it up and either put it in a baggie with a hole in the corner or a cake decorator tip .....makes a nice egg and then I sprinkle some paparika on top for presentation......simple but still good

Yea, what Marie said! That's exactly how I do mine except I use regular yellow mustard (much less than the Miracle Whip), and the family fights over them.

I've also been known to add a slice of pimento stuffed olive to the top of every other egg for color.

I do mine like I do egg salad because I like a bit more flavor in them.

Mash the yolks & add mayo/Miracle Whip, brown mustard, celery salt (I use the no-salt variety...just ground celery seed), a splash of wine vinegar & a bit of sugar or Splenda. And then top with paprika

Actually, I've never heard of adding pickles to egg salad - tuna salad, but not egg. :confused3

mayo and spicy brown mustard, along with some finely grated onion and finely chopped bacon. Yum!

just use mayo and mustard to your taste. i never put relish in mine.

Yuck - Pickles in Egg Salad!

I mash the yolks with mayo, spicy dry mustard, onion powder and minced parsley. Then sprinkle paprika on top.

I love deviled eggs in any way, shape or form.

My favorite "different" thing to do is to use pimento stuffed olives, not just on top as a pretty, but to dice them up very small and use this instead of pickle relish and/or juice. I like the salty taste instead of the sweet pickle taste sometimes.

DD loves them too, but prefers hers with just a sprinkle of paprika on top.

12 eggs
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
paprika

Boil eggs, slice eggs in half, mashed yolks until fine, stir in Miracle Whip and mustard and mix well. If mixture looks to thick add a tad more Miracle Whip.

Spoon mixture into eggs halves and sprinkle with paprika.

Recipe can be doubled.

Thanks, everyone! I am glad to see many, many of you can't understand pickles in deviled eggs either! It was a big, unpleasant surprise the first time I encountered this, but I have seen it a lot. Maybe it's a regional thing around here? Who knows, but now I have plenty of ways to make REAL deviled eggs.
THANKS!!

NO one uses horshradish? Wow! I just mash the yolks and mix them with mayo (NOT Miracle Whip, yuck) a little mustard, about a spoonful of horshraddish (I don't like it other than in deviled eggs, it's not too strong) and then salt and pepper. Yumm.. No onions or relish in my eggs.

My sisters recipe calls for a tiny bit of relish and I love hers. I never gave it much thought though since I've never made them. Glad to know there are so many alternatives out there. I also have a Pampered Chef recipe, but I'm not sure if it uses pickles or relish. I'll have to check.

And speaking of Pampered Chef...has anyone used the Chillzane rectangular server for their deviled eggs? I just got mine and haven't tested it out yet. I'm curious as to how well it works. We're planning a bbq for July 4th weekend and I'm wondering if the eggs will hold up well in the server.

christinadei said:
NO one uses horshradish? Wow! I just mash the yolks and mix them with mayo (NOT Miracle Whip, yuck) a little mustard, about a spoonful of horshraddish (I don't like it other than in deviled eggs, it's not too strong) and then salt and pepper. Yumm.. No onions or relish in my eggs.

I was going to suggest horseradish! I put it in once for the heck of it because I didn't have any vinegar and I needed some "devil". It was so good and got lots of compliments.

baggie and cut the ends off and it makes a nice easy way of stuffing the egg....and pretty too. I was to lazy to fill the cookie/cake decorator thingie.....I love eggs too

ncmomof2 said:
I use mayo and yellow mustard. Much less of the mustard. Just do it to taste!

This is what I do, with just a smidge of mustard and personally, I love to put some capers in also. Yum!

if you know you are going to do deviled eggs for a party or a gathering......Buy your eggs a few weeks in advance and use those ......the older eggs are easier to peel and make the perfect deviled eggs around......Eggs right out of the chicken tend to make a mess.......and how do these eggs know when I am using them to make deviled eggs and not egg salad sandwiches. I mean those ones for the sandwiches are clean as a whistle and so neat and pretty until I smoosh them up.. :goodvibes

kelleigh1 said:
And speaking of Pampered Chef...has anyone used the Chillzane rectangular server for their deviled eggs? I just got mine and haven't tested it out yet. I'm curious as to how well it works. We're planning a bbq for July 4th weekend and I'm wondering if the eggs will hold up well in the server.

I LOVE mine!! I use it all the time.

Suz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter