Need dessert recipes for summertime heat

disneyfanatic60

DIS Veteran
I need a few dessert recipes that will hold up to the warm summer heat. I have my daughter's graduation party in a few weeks at a local park. We are having cake, of course, but I need to make some finger-type desserts that can sit out in the sun and not spoil or get mushy or anything. I am planning on brownies since I know they will hold up. I need something I can prepare either a day or two ahead of time. I am doing all the cooking by myself so I need fast and simple! Also, keep in mind--I'm feeding mostly high school/college kids. We know how fussy they can be! :rotfl:

How about cookies? I know chocolate chip are always a hit when my kids have their friends around.

Deb

How about Rice Krispie treats? Everyone loves them and no one ever complains that they are too old for a rice krispie treat!

This is a must for summer! It can be made a day before hand and can sit out for a bit as long as it isn't in direct heat.

Grape Salad

4 lbs red seedless grapes
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup of sugar
1 Tbs Vanilla
1/2 cup of brown sugar

Wash and dry grapes (remove from vine) and place in a 9 x 13 pan.

Mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Toss into grapes. Refrigerate until right before serving. Sprinkle Brown Sugar on top & serve.

This is an awesome recipe I received from a friend and is a HUGE hit whenever I serve it. Both kids and adults love it!

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter