Need cooking advise from across the pond.

Nancy O

Mouseketeer
I am an American attempting a UK recipe. When he says full fat milk is he referring to what we would call whole milk in America or what we would call cream? My cream is 5% fat.

Just being curious (hope you don't mind), but what were you making and did it turn out ok?

I was making a Paul Hollywood Recipe: pasteis de nata aka Portuguese tarts. I don't think I adjusted the measurements correctly. I didn't have whole milk but I used a combination of half and half and 1%. Regardless the custard set correctly but the pastry was under baked. It should also be noted that this was my first time making puff pastry from scratch.
IMG_3269.jpg IMG_3268.jpg

I love a custard tart and they look great for a first attempt - the under bake is just a good excuse to make more!

Thats a great first attempt, we have a company over here called Nata & Co, who make the best potugese tarts I have ever tasted. Well done for having a good go:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!