need astroller for a tall 4 1/2 year old

Augustheather97

wild about Disney
any ideas...she is tall.....the size of most 7/8 year olds and weighs 52 lbs.....???? and 49" tall....but will still need to sit occasionally in a stroller....umbrellas don't seem sturdy enough

I'd probably rent one. The rentals are large - easily fit my 4 year old and my 6 year old neice.

We are planning to rent one for our 4 year old for our trip in March - as much as it pains me to do so. I just hate spending the $ on a rental when I have 3 strollers at home but she has just gotten too tall for them and I think she still needs to ride for part of the day.

We have the same problem. Our 4-y-o is about the same size. We are just going to take our biggest stroller. I can't imagine spending the money to rent when she will probably want to be out of it half the time anyway. Her feet almost hang to the ground! We are hoping it will hold up throughout the trip. Also taking another stroller for our 2-y-o DS. What we don't do just so we can get to WDW!

My daughter is 5 and we use a jogging type stroller, she fits in it great and it has a basket, but if I were to buy another one I would definetely make sure the jogging stroller has a wheel on the front that swivels our doesn't and it makes it hard to steer.

Piglet

I second the suggestion to rent. The strollers at all the parks are plenty big enough for a 4 1/2 yo and you don't have to deal with folding them on and off the bus etc. At 4 they can walk to/from the parks and you probably won't even need a stroller at MK and MGM. There is more walking and we find it much hotter at AK and my girls liked one at Epcot since its so big and we stay later.

Once you pay for a stroller each day you can save your receipts and get one at any park for that day. You can also turn in your receipt for $1 disney dollar back.

One tip is to bring a unique ribbon or scarf to tie to the stroller and help identify it in the crowds.

There is a link to stroller info and pictures on "debs site" wdwig.com - have fun.
TJ

The off-site rental services will deliver a stroller (or any other type of kid equipment you need) directly to your hotel and also pick it up when you are finished with it. They tend to have joggers available. They are usually a couple of dollars cheaper than Disney for a daily rental, and that way you have the stroller for other places you might go, and on the way back home after a long day at the parks. (A 50 lb. sleeping kid gets plenty heavy when you have to carry her all the way across a huge resort, or stand in line for a bus for 30 minutes.)

Here is a link to a list of baby equipment rental services anywhere you might
travel: http://hometown.aol.com/cribrental/index.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter