Need assurance about Travelocity

blake1

Earning My Ears
I found a good airfare thru Travelocity, but I have never booked anything through them. Can someone please assure me of their services. Do they mail you vouchers/or tickets?

Thank you

Did you try going directly to the airline's website with the information you obtained on Travelocity, flight number, dates and double check what the price was there? Many times the Airlines give a discount of 5 or 10 per ticket when you use their website? It is always worth a look see.

To answer your oringal question, Travelocity is a very reputable travel vendor on the NET. They have been around for quite some time. I personally have never actually bought a ticket through them, but use them a lot for research when I am 'shopping.' From what I recall they will issue you e-tickets unless you pay extra for paper, but I could be wrong. Someone who has actually purchase from Travelocity will know this better then I...

I used Travelocity to purchase tickets for family members for a reunion I put together in 2001. I actually prefer them over Expedia, because for some reason, Travelocity does not make you purchase paper tickets. At the time, Expedia made you purchase paper tickets if you were not the one flying. Everything went off without a hitch and I purchased tickets online from both Travelocity and Expedia, along with phone orders directly to Delta and ATA.

Normally, I call the airline and purchase tickets over the phone. I can then check my itinerary thru their website or they will send me an email. I like doing it over the phone because if the price goes down, I can call and they will give me a credit without a hassle. It is my understanding, so I could be wrong, that if I purchase the tickets over the internet and the price drops, I do not get a "voucher" to use on my next flight. The same thing applies with Travelocity and Expedia, if the price goes down, they will not give you back the difference.

You can get vouchers from the airline if you buy from them direct using their internet site. I know that for sure. Becareful too when buying over the phone.. Many times the airlines offer 'internet specials' that are only available on their web page. For example I was checking on the ATA site about 1 1/2 years ago and found a great price for MDW to MCO. It was around 125.00 or something. I called their 1-800 number to get a quote (I had a question) and the lowest they could find on their system was 225.00. I told them thanks but I would get it on the web page...

I guess the rule of the day is shop around as much as possible if you want the best deal..

We purchesed our plane tickets for a July trip through Travelocity and for the most part it worked out well. I did have to call them about some times the airline had change. They got on the phone with the airline while I was on hold and got it straitghened out. We did get an itinarary in the mail from the airline besides the one I printed from the web site. Like the others said if I had it to do again I would have seen it the airlines web site could have given me the same price. That way could have checked on flight changes and such on their web site. If travelocity is where you can get the best price go for it. Good Luck.

TripletDad. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter