need an easy dessert recipe

Buckleybunch

<font color=red>Okay, I'm excited...<br><font colo
I'm having a longerberger party tonight, and I need an easy and cheap recipe...

I used to have one that was a chocolate cake with cherry pie filling?? can't remember if that was all it was or not??

How about a "Dump Cake"?

1 yellow, white, lemon, or pineapple cake mix with or without the pudding
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
1 stick (or 1/2 C) soft margerine (or butter)
Oven 350 degrees

Grease and flour a rectangular cake pan and empty the cherry and pineapple fruit into the pan, spreading the fruit to cover the bottom evenly. I like to alternate the fruit, putting 1 spoon of cherry beside 1 spoon of pineapple in the pan. Next, evenly empty the DRY cake mix on top of the fruit layer. Next, dot the dry cake mix layer with small amounts of the margerine until the margerine is gone and the dry mix is evenly dotted with the margerine.

Bake as directed on the back of the cake mix box using the rectangle size pan (I think it's around 22-28 minutes.)
Don't try to remove this cake from the cake pan to a serving platter.
For a special touch, sometimes I sprinkle sliced almonds on top of the fruit before adding the cake mix. Also, you can lightly sprinkle Amaretto or Frangelico liquor on top of the fruit. Hope you enjoy!

I have a great recipe for something called Lemon Slice but I'm at work so I doing this from memory. I can update w/corrections when I get home tonight.

Crust: 3/4C chopped pecans
1 1/2 cubes of butter
2C flour

Butter needs to be room temp. combine with chopped pecans and flour. Press into a greased 9x13 pan (I use a pyrex glass dish and serve from it). Bake in 350 oven for about 15 min (time can vary a bit) you want the crust to be slightly golden brown. Let Cool.

Cream Cheese Layer:
12 oz. cream cheese
16 oz. cool whip
1/2 C. powdered sugar

Cream cheese needs to be at room temp. Combine cream cheese and cool whip. Electric mixer works best for this. Add in powdered sugar. Set aside.

Lemon Layer:
2 small packages of jello lemon pie filling
(or 1 large package) I prefer the cook and
serve kind I have never tried using the
instant. Let Cool.
Assembly: spread the cream cheese/cool whip layer on the crust, and smooth. Next pour the lemon pie filling on top and smooth evenly. Put the pan right into refrigerator and chill well (preferably over night, at least several hours) I always get great response when I serve this. It might not work since you need it tonight but it's a pretty cheap desert. I'm pretty sure about the amounts.

No bake cheesecake?

Mix I pkg. (not box) ground graham crackers with a few T. sugar. Add about 3/4 stick of butter, melted. make into crust. (uses 13 x9 in. pan)

In another bowl mix 2 bricks cream cheese, a few drops lemon juice, a few drops vanilla and i can sweetened condensed milk. Taste for sweetness, can add sugar.

Pour over crust, then pour 1 can cherry pie filling over that. Refrigerate for an hour or so, and you're done. As you can see, it's not a concrete recipe, but it's delicious and easy...and I've never had a bit left when I made it for company.

:) Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!