Need air conditioning first week of June for tent?

Momma J

Earning My Ears
First time tent camping at Disney. We have camped all our lives but mostly in the mountains where it tends to be a little cooler. We are from Tennessee and are outdoor people but will we need air conditioning for our tent for first week of June?

I have run the AC in March, so my answer would be Yes. (acknowledging that I am a doughy Northerner)

Momma J,

If I were tent camping, I would primarily be concerned about conditions at night when sleeping. For first week of June, on average, the lows are 68-70F. And the low comes in the hour before sunrise so, again on average, it would be a few degrees warmer at 10pm or so when you turn in (or later for some). So that's kinda right on the line for me. And who knows if temps will be "average" when it's your turn to be there?

You might get by with a fan to circulate air in the tent rather than go to the expense of getting an AC that you might not use very often.

Can you wait till a week or two before you go to watch the forecast and make a decision then?

Bama Ed

We were there first week of June 1999 it was HOT. They did say it was unusually hot that year. I would say better to have it and not need it. I'd need it.

First time tent camping at Disney. We have camped all our lives but mostly in the mountains where it tends to be a little cooler. We are from Tennessee and are outdoor people but will we need air conditioning for our tent for first week of June?

Yes, yes & yes! It is VERY hot in June, with high humidities which makes it even hotter!!

Tents, any RV without AC, holds the heat from the day as everything within gets just as hot, and the temps at night can not cool them down much - been there, done that! Never again!

We, too, camp in TN a lot (Smokey Mtns.) and there is no comparison. We never even use our AC in the mountains as there are no hook ups and we do great.

How do you air condition a tent? Wondering because we are trying to figure out how to outfit our pop-up without spending $$$

I would say "yes" to a/c in early June. You will have a much more comfortable trip if you sleep well.

How do you air condition a tent? Wondering because we are trying to figure out how to outfit our pop-up without spending $$$

Google "pop up window air conditioner" and click on "image." You will find lots of ideas. Roof a/c works best, but if you don't want to put the money into that, there are lots of ways to keep it cool with a window unit.

I would say "yes" to a/c in early June. You will have a much more comfortable trip if you sleep well.

Google "pop up window air conditioner" and click on "image." You will find lots of ideas. Roof a/c works best, but if you don't want to put the money into that, there are lots of ways to keep it cool with a window unit.
Thanks! DH thinks he can put together a system for a window air conditioner.

We tent camped the first week of June last year. We ran the a.c. on low 24/7. It kept our tent the coolest, driest place we went all week. A fan would never get rid of the post-rainshower humidity like a small a.c. unit does. FWIW, I only saw 1 tent on our loop without ac.

If you can't feasibly retrofit your Pop-up you can always do a portable air conditioner. You'll lose the floor space for it but they're fairly cheap and easy to set up..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter