Need advice on meeting characters as an adult w/out kids

I'm like you, OP, in that I get starstruck during M&Gs even though 1) I'm a grown woman, and 2) I know they're just college kids in costume, lol. I stayed away from doing M&Gs for the longest time until my DH encouraged me to meet Belle outside of the France pavilion at Epcot since I was disneybounding as Village Belle that day and that's pretty much one of the only locations you'll find her in her village garb (as opposed to her gold ballgown). What's funny is my DH and a few people in line said that I looked more like Belle than the cast member did!

On that trip we also met Kylo Ren, and I was dumbstruck. I couldn't figure out what to say! Thankfully, my DH kept the M&G going. It was starting to turn into an awkward-off between me and Kylo Ren, haha.

Bumping because I've been loving reading everyone's experiences!

I'm also considering proposing to Gaston on the day I'm dressed as Belle, but with my handheld mirror since there's no way I'm buying a ring... :rolleyes:

Has anyone done something on the comical side when meeting characters? One year, I asked Peter Pan to make me an official 'Lost Girl' and he went through an entire list of things and then declared me his new mother :rolleyes: I think that's what ultimately got me into meeting characters more!

I'm like you, OP, in that I get starstruck during M&Gs even though 1) I'm a grown woman, and 2) I know they're just college kids in costume, lol. I stayed away from doing M&Gs for the longest time until my DH encouraged me to meet Belle outside of the France pavilion at Epcot since I was disneybounding as Village Belle that day and that's pretty much one of the only locations you'll find her in her village garb (as opposed to her gold ballgown). What's funny is my DH and a few people in line said that I looked more like Belle than the cast member did!

On that trip we also met Kylo Ren, and I was dumbstruck. I couldn't figure out what to say! Thankfully, my DH kept the M&G going. It was starting to turn into an awkward-off between me and Kylo Ren, haha.

I've actually been thinking about this ALOT! I mean, I kinda have, at the very least, a rough idea of what I'm going to do with most of the characters but with Kylo, I'm drawing a total blank! Although with DM disneybounding as Princess Leia (complete with crochet Leia hat with the famous cinnamon buns on the sides) I'm sure he'll probably have a reaction to that. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter