Need advice on DVC SSR (preferred) for arrival next week

TwinMommyDec05

Earning My Ears
Hi! 7 days out and nervous because I can't seem to find any consensus on which preferred area I should request at SSR for 2 BR PREFERRED DVC unit. Never been to SSR before and need help!! I have two pre-teen daughters that will want the cool pool and access to food/mug refills. We will be walking to DTD or whatever it is called now, but I think the pool is more important.
So here is my plea (I am sorry if it has been posted and I couldn't find it- I looked but most posts are about standard view, not preferred)
Is there a room section I should request - Congress vs Springs and inside of either of those, should I be asking for a specific building or room range? Whenever I leave it to chance I seem to wind up in a room overlooking a dumpster AND a loading dock near the kitchen ventilation system that smells near a pool that is closed for the duration of our trip. I am taking matters into my own hands this time and begging for help from my disboards family!
Thanks!
Twin Mommy to 12 year old daughters!

If close to the cool pool is important, then I would request the Springs, buildings 6 or 7. This is also near bus stop and the carriage house.

Springs and Congress Park are preferred locations. If you plan to walk to Disney Springs, go with Congress Park since it is right across the water from Disney Springs. There is a boardwalk across the water near Congress Park. Congress Park pool is unthemed. Springs has the main pool and Artist's Palette with the mug refill area.

In whatever building you want, they are not numbered. Only the rooms are numbered.

I believe that the Springs is still the last bus stop for the Theme Parks, I would go with Congress Park. It's still not a far walk to the main pool and Artist's Palette.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts