Need advice for upcoming May trip

littleprincessmom

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm new to the board but have really enjoyed (and learned alot from) reading posts. What a great site! My mom and I (leaving the men at home) are taking my 2 DDs (ages 4.5 and almost 2) to see the Mouse 5/9 through 5/13. I've just made my PS's and am a little unsure...would appreciate any advice. We are staying at the Poly concierge and are very excited!

ok, here goes...

5/9 (Arrival day) Hoop De Doo Review (D)

5/10 Breakfast with Cindy (B)
Ohana's (D)

5/11 Crystal Palace (D) (little DD loves Pooh bear and SpectroMagic parade is that night so we want to stay in MK)

5/12 Les Chefs de France (D)

Specifically, what are your views on Ohana vs. Spirit of Olaha? We've been to the luau and enjoyed it but I've heard rave reviews on Ohana and felt like food might be similar and we did not have time to do both. Has anyone been to the Hoop De Doo with small children? Any comments are appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

I have small children too and we LOOOOOOOVE 'Ohana's!!! The kids love the coconut races and the hula hoop contest!::yes:: The food at 'Ohana's is also to die for (just for your info, they will cook your steak any way you want it, just let your server know;) ) We went to the Luau in June 2003 and the kids and I hated it. The food was AWFUL and the show was just OK.

We did do HDDR and everyone loved it!:bounce: The show was great and the fried chicken was out of this world!:D
Hope this helps!:wave2:

Your itinerary sounds great!!!

Your kids will love O'Hanas. Good food and great fun. Hula hoop contest, coconut races, character interaction.

They are also at a good age for HDD. We took our DGD age 2 and she loved the music and playing the wash board. She still talks about that all the time. The jokes are corny, but the show is lots of fun. Lots of audience participation. The food is served "family style" in buckets. It was wonderful!!!

Have a great trip and make some very special memories!!!

We will be at HDDR on May 9th as well. We are going to CRT for Mother's Day breakfast, then the 5:00 HDR. Sounds like you will be spending some quality time together on Mother's Day, enjoy.

I want to go with you! I LOVE everything on your itinerary!!!!

I went to a HDDR as a preschooler and apparantly loved it... I have seen the pictures of me enjoying myself =) Its a family fave of ours, I think you'll love it. Foods good, too!

=)

We'll be at Hoop De Doo on Mother's Day also, 7:15 seating - it's our Mother's Day tradition! Have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter