Need Advice: Disneyland Trip 3 adults with Hopper and Maxpass

Bsgio3

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am going to Disneyland Friday 1/24 and leaving Sunday 1/26. I am getting in late on the 24th and staying at Disneyland Resort and was thinking about going to Downtown Disney for dinner. Is there a restaurant you would recommend quick service or ADR? Saturday, I am waking up early with a 1-day pass with Hopper and Maxpass; what park should I go to first, and what Fastpass should I get first and breakfast quick service places? I like to ride thrilling and Dark rides. The last time I went to Disneyland Cars land open, so it has been awhile. I would also like and ADR reservation or Quick service at night. I know the Lunar new year festival is going on, so I would probably snack during the day with a few booths. Sunday morning is checkout, so I will probably get breakfast on the road since I am going to San Diego to visit a friend for two days unless there is a place I need to go to in Downtown Disney or Disneyland Resort.

BTW
Friday/Sunday it's just me and my girlfriend 26 and 24 years old.
Saturday my best friend is meeting up with us that lives 30 minutes away and will be in the parks all day and night. We will probably walk back to our room for an hour or 2 during the day.

Please give me some recommendations. I am a Disneyworld pass holder living in Georgia that goes monthly. First time in Disneyland since 2015 I think...

This might get moved to the Disneyland board, but I'll comment here. :-)

-1/24 dinner: I'd do Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen or Ballast Point. If you just want quick service, Earl of Sandwich is good, but you are probably used to that from WDW. :-)
-1/25: have you been on Rise of the Resistance at WDW yet? The DL version opens tomorrow, 1/17. I would prioritize getting into the park before/at opening and getting in the virtual queue ASAP. From there, you can make a decision - do you start with getting a FP/Maxpass for Radiator Springs Racers (the first/hardest attraction to go) or would you prefer to stay at DL? If so, grab a MaxPass for Space Mountain or Indy. The Lunar New Year festival food is normally quite good. We'll see tomorrow how it is for this year. For evening, if you prefer an ADR, I love Cafe Orleans.

I road rise of the resistance in WDW but I think my friend will want to ride it. If you say Radiator springs is the hardest to get I will go for that first and go to DCA first.

1/25 - I would prefer an ADR. I really want to see Fantasmic and I saw Fantasmic! On-the-Go Package at Hungry Bear I am a big foodie so if the food is not good I don't want to go. Is the viewing section worth it?

What about Breakfast Sunday morning in DT Disney or any of the hotels?

@supercarrie

Last edited:
Have you posted your questions in the Disneyland (California) forum? You'll get lots of help from our DL experts there!
In the meantime, here are some helpful threads from that forum:
* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! -- from the sticky threads at the top of the first page of that forum
From that sticky:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets -- a classic thread and a must read for you!
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- SO many helpful threads here!
From that thread:
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/ -- ask any MP questions here -- you can get so many rides in a day with good MP skilllz!
Whats new since 2016 -- cruise through this thread to see what's changed since your last visit
Late Night Dining options after 10pm on a Friday at Downtown Disney? -- for your arrival night
Since you'll be staying on site, I would use your EMH perk and start at DL on Saturday. Be ready to grab a BG for ROTR on the app as soon as the park opens. Then go enjoy EMH in FL and TL -- EMH is a good way to do the FL dark rides that don't have FP. If PP has a line already, save it for later. You can start using MP as soon as you activate your tickets at the gate (EMH included -- but the return times won't be until after park opening), so start booking FPs right away! MP allows you to book FPs for either park, too! On Sunday, use EE for DCA -- that is a real advantage since it is only available to on site guests and you can get a lot done in that one hour. For good touring plans for one day in each park and for hopping, look at Disnelyland Daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!