• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice about National!!!

mazzarafe

DIS Veteran
I made a beautiful reservation back in May with both DC coupon and discount. Now I only need to have my car for 5 days, not the 7 I rented it for and it will only be from Sunday to Friday. So now I cannot use the free day coupon(requires Saturday night rental).

Not sure if I should take a chance and change the info on my ressie or just wait and have them add the difference back on when I return the car. It works out to an additional $22 but my ressie is for only $173 so if I make a new one now it will still cost me more money. I'm not going until October 20th so I still have time, but was wondering if anyone had gone thru this same delema and what you did.

Please help, this is the only part of vacation that I'm stressing over!!!:(

I believe that 5 days might qualify for the weekly rate.

But if I'm wrong - someone will correct me.

Yes I do have a weekly rate but according the person I got an email response from at National the coupon needs to have a Saturday night stay.

Kinda stinks that I pay for a weekly rate but cannot use all that applies to it.

Maybe I will just wait and see what happens at checkout. Maybe they won't charge me back.

Originally posted by mazzarafe
...(snip).....Maybe I will just wait and see what happens at checkout. Maybe they won't charge me back.

Or maybe they will charge you the rate in effect when you return the car. That could be more $$ than just changing the reservation now.

If it were me, I'd change it now because I like quick, hassle-free returns. Definitely would not want to go inside to the counter or have to straighten anything out after I got home. JMHO. YMMV.

I would change it! The contract you have with the rental car company says they can charge you more if you return at a different time and/or place than you originally agreed. At that point you are at their mercy!

Well I finally got brave and went onto the National site to take off my coupon. I was so nervous about what would happen when I opened up that can of worms.

I changed my dates and took out the coupon code and had it recalculate it. It kept my original rate and with the DC discount my new total is $190.96!!!

Still alot better than the current $208 and after all that stress, it didn't hurt at all!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter