Need a strategy for GE and Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey'sbud

DIS Veteran
Asking for my kids who will be hitting the parks tomorrow with hoppers, but not emh's.
Their goal is to do both Avatar and Galaxy's Edge tomorrow (Sunday 9/22) If they do both, which one first???? AK opens at 8:00 and DHS opens at 9:00. Is it just logical to start at AK since it opens earlier?? How much time will it take to do each?
Thanks in advance for the advice!!!!

Asking for my kids who will be hitting the parks tomorrow with hoppers, but not emh's.
Their goal is to do both Avatar and Galaxy's Edge tomorrow (Sunday 9/22) If they do both, which one first???? AK opens at 8:00 and DHS opens at 9:00. Is it just logical to start at AK since it opens earlier?? How much time will it take to do each?
Thanks in advance for the advice!!!!

I've seen a few reports recently that FoP tends to have about a 45 min wait for the morning. I THINK I would start there if that is all they want to do at AK. That gives them the rest of the day to do GE, which doesn't have FP+ anyway.

FoP looks like it always has a longer wait time than SR does when I look at the MDE app. I’d rope drop FoP and then get a quick ride on EE before heading to HS.

AK has EMH on Sunday from 7-8am. If your kids can't get in until 8, FOP will already have a long line by then.
What else do they plan to do in the parks? Any other rides at AK, or just ride FOP then leave? Will they stay at the parks all day and watch nighttime shows? They may want to spend more time exploring SWGE, and play on the disney play app in SWGE. And if they stay late, they can watch the Star Wars fireworks.
If they're only interested in doing FOP, I'd do AK first.
Standby for FOP can be anywhere from 60-120 min. Millennium Falcon has typically been about 45-60 min throughout most of the day. But your kids can spend much longer looking around, in the shops, and playing on the play app.

It seems there have been some times during the day that Smuggler's Run has shorter wait times, like in the 30 minute range, from the lines apps I have been watching. Never early in the day though. I haven't seen any this short for FOP. I would definitely do it as early as I possible could, as PP poster said, you may could also get in Everest. If you are in HS I would just watch the posted wait times or lines apps and try to get to SR during a shorter line time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter