Need a rental car deal...

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
Since my older son starts American history studies this coming school year decided to fly to Boston in August for our summer vacation. I've already scored a great deal on the airline tickets through my credit card and now I need to book a rental car. We're going to spend 3 days in Boston and then plan to drive around the area to check out the sights. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting a good deal on a rental car? Thanks.

I don't know if this will help you, but I am a Southwest Rapid Rewards Member and by getting my rental car through their site (they have about 8 different vendors to pick from), I was able to get a car in Orlando for 5 days for less than $100. Check out any rewards programs that you are in as well as your credit cards, to see if they can offer you any deals.
Good Luck!

Do not know where you are staying in Boston nor if you mean Boston or the outskirts... I stayed in a Hotel in Boston years ago and the parking as a guest was over 20.00 a night. I fly there at least twice a year now for business. If you plan on driving outside of the Boston area and going to Cambridge (Harvard) you will be paying $$ Tolls plus $$ parking. If I am not mistaken the tolls form the airport to Cambridge are I the $18.00 range as my cab is meter is around 30.00 and ends up being closer to 50.00 when tolls are added. I would make a list of places you want to go and look into public transportation (for places like Cambridge) and Uber you will likely come out far ahead. There is (was -- I see no reason for them to stop it) a free bus to the Boston Metro area from the airport... Cambridge and outskirts.. you pay...

We're planning to road trip it for 4-5 days once we check out of the hotel in Boston and the turn in the car at Logan. The first stop I believe is more than an hour outside of Boston. We plan to use public transit in Boston including going to Cambridge.

I second the recommendation for Autoslash. Book whatever rate they offer for your preferred car type, then they will email you every time the rate drops. We usually end up paying about 2/3 the original price.

I second Costco., they also waive the second driver fee, which is normally $25 a day.

Troll car rental websites, prices go up and down like airfare. Sign up for their rewards program. Try Mousesavers.com for tips/coupon codes (though I never found a code on that sight that worked). I always opt for refundable (not paid in full) in case the price drops. If you're using a credit card, check out you benefits because some have rental car coverage. Same goes for your own car insurance. Go over to the Transportation Board, they have lots of information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter