Nearby Ko Olina hotel experiences?

We are DVC owners, and also Marriott Vacation Club owners. We’ve stayed at Aulani twice and Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club five times. The Marriott is a great property. The pools are a lot of fun, as there are features like waterfalls and a sandy entrance area. But like another poster said, if you are looking for Disney characters, don’t do the Marriott. Because, clearly, there are none at the Marriott!

We have rented OUT our weeks on Redweek several times. This would most likely be cheaper than booking directly through Marriott.

The attached photo is a picture of our view on our last trip to the Marriott. You can see Aulani (and the rest of the Ko Olina resorts) in the distance. Oyster.com has some great photos of the property too.

Attachments

• ECCB8C07-C6EF-40EC-9EE8-EDE172F7F0F3.jpeg
    ECCB8C07-C6EF-40EC-9EE8-EDE172F7F0F3.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 26
Wow....@littlestar and @SevenWonkas....those are great pics!! I’ve said I could probably never justify staying at Aulani again but would really like to do Oahu again. The Marriott might be an option for us, with maybe a meal or spa day over at Aulani!! THANKS for sharing!

@cgattis

On our first “trip” to Aulani we were actually staying at the Marriott. We got the cheapest hotel room possible, which overlapped our Marriott stay (where we had a 2-bedroom ocean view). We actually got a room for two different nights at Aulani - Monday and Wednesday I think. We then got four days access to the Aulani pools, etc. (check in and check out days for both stays - so Monday-Thursday). we didn’t think we’d be back to Hawaii, so this allowed us to still experience Aulani while still having a full 2-bedroom unit (which we couldn’t afford at Aulani). It is a bit crazy to get a hotel room just to use some pools, but if you really want Aulani, at least it would give you a taste of it while possibly paying less at the Marriott. Getting the room on two different days was a little overkill, and if we ever did it again we’d only do it one day. I don’t think we’ll ever do it again, though.

But, the Marriott property is really great, and we don’t feel like we’re missing anything when we don’t do Aulani.

@cgattis

On our first “trip” to Aulani we were actually staying at the Marriott. We got the cheapest hotel room possible, which overlapped our Marriott stay (where we had a 2-bedroom ocean view). We actually got a room for two different nights at Aulani - Monday and Wednesday I think. We then got four days access to the Aulani pools, etc. (check in and check out days for both stays - so Monday-Thursday). we didn’t think we’d be back to Hawaii, so this allowed us to still experience Aulani while still having a full 2-bedroom unit (which we couldn’t afford at Aulani). It is a bit crazy to get a hotel room just to use some pools, but if you really want Aulani, at least it would give you a taste of it while possibly paying less at the Marriott. Getting the room on two different days was a little overkill, and if we ever did it again we’d only do it one day. I don’t think we’ll ever do it again, though.

But, the Marriott property is really great, and we don’t feel like we’re missing anything when we don’t do Aulani.

That. Is. BRILLIANT!!!! Wow. So I could do a Redweek cheap deal for a huge place, experience Hawaii, and maybe grab a studio at Aulani for a night and take advantage of their awesome lazy river and slides for 2 days. And the other days, I could still mozie over for a dole whip or shave ice, or for even a character meal. And THAT is why this thread exists: to find the perfect plan. DisBoards rule!

Wow....@littlestar and @SevenWonkas....those are great pics!! I’ve said I could probably never justify staying at Aulani again but would really like to do Oahu again. The Marriott might be an option for us, with maybe a meal or spa day over at Aulani!! THANKS for sharing!

That. Is. BRILLIANT!!!! Wow. So I could do a Redweek cheap deal for a huge place, experience Hawaii, and maybe grab a studio at Aulani for a night and take advantage of their awesome lazy river and slides for 2 days. And the other days, I could still mozie over for a dole whip or shave ice, or for even a character meal. And THAT is why this thread exists: to find the perfect plan. DisBoards rule!

It really is an excellent suggestion because the Marriott itself is a wonderful resort with a few pros like the later pool hours that fill in for the odd little bits that Aulani lacks. We did a split stay the last time we went starting at the Marriott and ending with a few nights at Aulani and we loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!