NCL announced proposed changes for cruising after COVID

And, just my opinion, but I think all of these new measures are great and I can live with all of them. I guess they will have to present this to the CDC or what organization to get approved before sailing? Anyone have any insight on how that would work?

Agree, fine with those. Figure Disney will do a bit more but hope they won't go to the mask extremes as we'd cancel if it does as it just takes the total fun out of it for our family. We're skipping Disney World this year and renting a beach house because we just don't want to deal with all of it but keeping fingers crossed for our Nov. cruise! Thanks for the post!

These are all really great!

Although, reading through the list, I worry about what would happen if you came back from a port adventure or something and you were overheated throwing off the temperature scans.

What's this part mean? "NCL will visit safe, open ports"

Probably letting guests know that they may have more frequent itinerary changes due to health advisories.

The thing I still need to hear is what happens if you do have a temp and are denied boarding or get a fever on ship? Travel Insurance will not cover anything covid related right now. Will there be refunds for you and your party if you arrive with a fever? If you show a fever and test positive on Day 1 of a 7 day is your party confined to quarters? Offloaded at first port?

A cruise becomes such a big gamble if there’s no insurance and no refunds and you may find yourself at a hospital in Mexico.

Each person will be screened multiple times on the cruise, not bad if its quick and easy. My concerns would be the effect of social distancing, lines, reduced service, and other inconveniences. With frequency screening is social distancing necessary? Also, how often are they going to encourage hand washing and other behaviors? They seem to have it on a loop at each big box store and it drives me nuts. I can't imagine 7 days of this.

What's this part mean? "NCL will visit safe, open ports"
My guess would mean that they will have criteria for the ports based on COVID-19 rates in each area and (possibly) an assessment of the availability of on-land medical care (e.g. are ventilators available). For example, a country that, at the time of a sailing, is going through a big uptick like Brazil is now (I know that's not a port for DCL, basically using an example of rapidly rising COVID-19 cases at present) would be axed from the itinerary.

I wish Disney would release something like this...just what they’re tentatively planning to do. I just feel like we’re all kind of going into this blind with them at the moment and any kind of news would help us. I’m loving that NCL isn’t requiring masks and hope that DCL does the same

I wish Disney would release something like this...just what they’re tentatively planning to do. I just feel like we’re all kind of going into this blind with them at the moment and any kind of news would help us. I’m loving that NCL isn’t requiring masks and hope that DCL does the same
My guess is that DCL won't till it's absolutely set in stone and they have a reopening date.

What I find curious about this article is that it doesn't say anything about reducing the capacity of the ship, but that all public areas and activities will have reduced capacity. So if normally there are 100 seats at the pool, and they will reduce it to 50 seats, you cannot sit by the pool and you have to look for a different place. It doesn't say, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have to sign up for each activity to avoid guests getting disappointed.

Also that they will do checks before meals and activities in public places. With 3 meals and at least 3 activities on a sea day, we are talking about 6 checks a day. And as I read it, they will only do temperature checks, while that's not one of the most consistent symptoms. Imagine the queues at mealtime when every individual guest needs to get scanned.

What I find curious about this article is that it doesn't say anything about reducing the capacity of the ship,

The picture/diagram at the bottom of the article says there will be reduced guest capacity, you have to zoom in a little to see it tho

Attachments

• ncl-health-program.jpg
    ncl-health-program.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 32
From someone who had a cruise with NCL cancelled and rebooked for next summer, I was happy to see this. It makes me think they have a plan and are looking to get back out there. IMO, at this time nothing is ideal, but if it's a start to get things going again. I'm certainly wiling to live with it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter