NCAA picks

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
So, who'd you pick to win it all?

I run our company pool and out of 182 entries, 71 picked Duke. 53 picked Kentucky.

I guess DH and I are right on the average of your office. I picked Kentucky and he picked Duke. We live in Kentucky and even when Kentucky doesn't have a snowballs chance of winning, I feel like I can't shirk my loyalty and ALWAYS pick them to win.

Reluctantly (as a UNC fan) - I picked Duke. Assuming no injuries, they're pretty clear favorites and it's hard to picture someone beating them right now.

I guess DH and I are right on the average of your office. I picked Kentucky and he picked Duke. We live in Kentucky and even when Kentucky doesn't have a snowballs chance of winning, I feel like I can't shirk my loyalty and ALWAYS pick them to win.
I actually work in Lexington, and I was amazed how many entries picked Duke (for those who don't know, Kentucky fans HATE Duke).

I actually work in Lexington, and I was amazed how many entries picked Duke (for those who don't know, Kentucky fans HATE Duke).

That is surprising that ANYONE in Lexington picked Duke. I grew up in Danville - about 45 minutes from Lexington and everyone there was huge UK fans. Now that I live in Louisville, people are more split on who their favorites are.

I guess $$ > loyalty. :rotfl2:

I was thinking the same thing - all hatreds of teams go out the window when there's cash on the line. :p

I also always have a hard time picking the team that I want to win in pools - I try hard not to let my heart win out over my head. That being said, I hardly watch NCAA basketball anymore, so I suppose my 'head' isn't that good of a reason to pick anything either. :crazy:

My claim to fame was picking the big underdog North Carolina State Wolfpack to win in 1983. My selection was based on the fact that the Duran Duran song "Hungry Like the Wolf" was popular at the time. (I cheated a bit and picked NC State after my school, Rutgers, got knocked out in the second game.)

I was also right twice the same year when both Connecticut men's and women's teams won.

No one organized a pool this year at work so I didn't pick anyone.

So, who'd you pick to win it all?

I run our company pool and out of 182 entries, 71 picked Duke. 53 picked Kentucky.

The best thing to do is pick someone you think has a good chance but that most people aren't picking. That way, if your pick wins, you're very likely a leg up. However, if you pick Duke, well you and 71 others are fighting it out. I win far more than my share of polls that way. Of course when I lose, I'm usually way down in the standings. But I really don't care about the difference between 10th place and 170th. Neither win anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!