NBA Experience opens at Disney Springs August 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great price point - I'm sure it will go up over time. But still need to see what would be priced separately. But, for my family, I'm sure this will be on the docket on our next trip.

How do you think I'm getting DH back down there??? :D

LOL, I've got dh covered with F&W :drinking1

This is a great price point - I'm sure it will go up over time. But still need to see what would be priced separately.

According to the announcement video:

A ticket to NBA Experience grants you access to every activity in any order you choose, and you can return to stations multiple times to try and improve your performance or learn more about the game, the players and the teams you love.

According to the announcement video:

A ticket to NBA Experience grants you access to every activity in any order you choose, and you can return to stations multiple times to try and improve your performance or learn more about the game, the players and the teams you love.
Then why do they also say this:
"All tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced."
Confused....

Then why do they also say this:
"All tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced."
Confused....

Probably because that is the standard ticket small print.

Also, there may be some add-ons that cost extra, like photos or videos. At DisneyQuest all activities was included but you could pay extra for printouts of art or recordings from the sound booths, things like that.

I have a hard time seeing this being something people will pay $34 bucks on without it being part of a package. Disney/NBA might need to do something after the initial rush to get people in there. Seems there is no reentry after leaving, and parents have to pay to go in for anyone under 14, even if they don't want to do the activities.

The activities don't seem all that great from what I read. IDK how many courts they will have but the lines for that could get long. Wonder how many arcade games they will have too. Sounds like they will have a few Xboxes, like at a store, where you have to stand there and play, so how long will a kid want to do that? Draft moment, stats/locker room, and walking through the tunnel sounds like things that really are not full activities, or at least not something to redo. A trivia game is not going to interest too many kids for very long.

Seems about the same time and money as The Void thing, and there is not a shortage of times available for that. I'll probably try it once though. My kid love Basketball and will like the challenges at least.

We will miss the opening by 9 days but my son who is all NBA 24/7 will at least be able to spend some of his vacation money at the store that just opened.

We will miss the opening by 9 days but my son who is all NBA 24/7 will at least be able to spend some of his vacation money at the store that just opened.

The store has some cool merchandise too. They have a lot of co-branded stuff with WDW logos and Mickey and the gang for all teams. I wouldn't mind some Grizzlies/Disney gear.

Last edited:
Let’s stick to the NBA Experience and not the players or salaries of the players in the NBA please.

The store has some cool merchandise too. They have a lot of co-brandeed stuff with WDW logos and Mickey and the gang for all teams. I wouldn;t mind some Grizzlies/Disney gear.
My son will have a hard time choosing what he wants, I can tell allready!

We were there last night and as predicted, my son had a hard time choosing. Ultimately, he chose a 76’ers cap with the NBA Experience logo on the side! It is a cool cap.

Attachments

• BB883BC0-E435-4DC5-B6B5-9CEF68D1C2B7.jpeg
    BB883BC0-E435-4DC5-B6B5-9CEF68D1C2B7.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 15
  • D8575BDC-2398-4B2E-8796-3B06989CC171.jpeg
    D8575BDC-2398-4B2E-8796-3B06989CC171.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 14
Has anyone heard whether they are doing anything cool for the grand opening? We'll be heading to try it out later that week (not crazy enough to go opening day) but my boys will want to go see the opening if they think any NBA players might be there.

Has anyone heard whether they are doing anything cool for the grand opening? We'll be heading to try it out later that week (not crazy enough to go opening day) but my boys will want to go see the opening if they think any NBA players might be there.
Did a quick check and not seeing anything. You would think they'd have at least an Orlando player or two there for the opening but if they're doing that, they're not advertising it well.

NBA Experience is now open! Several NBA, and WNBA stars past and present on hand for the opening and the NBA Commissioner along with Bob Iger opened this new venue this morning.
Awesome! We were there 2 weeks ago and my son got a 76er's NBA Experience cap and I think the only time he has taken it off since is to take showers. Glad the store was open but wished the whole thing was open at that time.

Anyone know how long the entire experience takes? Huge bball fan (knicks fan unfortunately) but I would def do this but not many people in my party would want to wait. Also can your party come in with you or is this just a solo act? Obviously not to participate but to watch, wouldn't mind showing off a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter