Navigating DLR, Pixar Pier Opening, and AP Blockouts June 18-30

Hey Hydroguy....A WDW vet’s first trip to DL. Our park days will be June 22-24. What is your opinion on park days and taking advantage of MM. I’m getting syked but a little worried at the same time. All four of us have purchased max pass for all 3 days. Thanks!!

Hey Hydroguy....A WDW vet’s first trip to DL. Our park days will be June 22-24. What is your opinion on park days and taking advantage of MM. I’m getting syked but a little worried at the same time. All four of us have purchased max pass for all 3 days. Thanks!!
Your only MM option is Saturday and you should definitely use it. Assuming you have park hoppers, I would do Fri/June 22 at DCA (before the storm hits LOL), MM and DL on Sat/June 23, use MP to get a FP for Incredicoaster and hop to DCA at some point Sat to do that, then on Sun/June 24 all day DL avoid DCA altogether.

:wizard:

ETA: On June 22 there is special ticket event to open Pixar Pier from 3-9PM. It appears that TSMM will be blocked all day June 22.

Last edited:

Your only MM option is Saturday and you should definitely use it. Assuming you have park hoppers, I would do Fri/June 22 at DCA (before the storm hits LOL), MM and DL on Sat/June 23, use MP to get a FP for Incredicoaster and hop to DCA at some point Sat to do that, then on Sun/June 24 all day DL avoid DCA altogether.

:wizard:

ETA: On June 22 there is special ticket event to open Pixar Pier from 3-9PM. I would make sure to visit that area of DCA and especially TSMM before 3PM or you will be blocked out.
The media preview is that morning so not sure if TSMM will be open to regular guests that day.

ETA: On June 22 there is special ticket event to open Pixar Pier from 3-9PM. I would make sure to visit that area of DCA and especially TSMM before 3PM or you will be blocked out.
I do not think it will be available that day at all. Access to the area is to be closed off all day.

So did anyone else see that little blurb about reservations for the new Pixar Lamplight Lounge? Looks like they will start accepting reservations on June 7. I wonder if any of the tables will have a WOC view.

Instead of just bumping, will add some hopefully useful info...

• June 6: Toy Story Midway Mania!-12:00pm-12:00am / Midway Mercantile-12:00pm-11:00pm
  • June 7: Toy Story Midway Mania!-CLOSED / Midway Mercantile-CLOSED
  • June 8-9: Toy Story Midway Mania!-6:00pm-12:00am / Midway Mercantile-6:00pm-12:00am
  • June 10-20: Toy Story Midway Mania!-CLOSED / Midway Mercantile-CLOSED
ETA - I expect the area to be completely closed June 21-22 while they get prepped for the reopening.

Last edited:
I am SO hoping those dates are correct and not what is showing on the refurb calendar (closed June 10-22).

We wanted to do TSMM and Abominable Snowman before the 23rd, so we can go to PxP for Incredicoaster and the wheel of death and then get far away from PxP on opening day (our last day), but now it looks like Saturday will be our only chance for anything on the Pier. :(

I am SO hoping those dates are correct and not what is showing on the refurb calendar (closed June 10-22).

We wanted to do TSMM and Abominable Snowman before the 23rd, so we can go to PxP for Incredicoaster and the wheel of death and then get far away from PxP on opening day (our last day), but now it looks like Saturday will be our only chance for anything on the Pier. :(
I'm sorry, I should have added June 21-22 as preview to the area. Media will be having their previews, suits will have theirs, cast members will have their time, and the paid event on the afternoon/evening of the 22nd. The area will have it's Grand reopening on the 23rd.

I'm getting worried about these June dates!! We picked June 20-24th as our park days...too late to change now! I plan on using our MM on Saturday to snag a ride (using Maxpass) with the Incredicoster. Somewhat bummed about the lack of Hyperspace Mountain, but that's okay too! It's our first summer visit and I picked the dates to try and squeak out with "lowered crowds" due to the AP blocks...and hoped all of Pixar Pier would be ready on Memorial Day! :scared1:

I'd be less worried if I didn't have a 2 yr old, a 5 yr old, and a MIL who has terrible anxiety.

But hey...Disney is better than being at my office desk! :rotfl:

I'm sorry, I should have added June 21-22 as preview to the area. Media will be having their previews, suits will have theirs, cast members will have their time, and the paid event on the afternoon/evening of the 22nd. The area will have it's Grand reopening on the 23rd.
Thanks for this info!

We are in town for a hockey tournament and going on DLR on 28th and 30th, seems 30th may be the best day to really hit DCA, thanks for information.

The blockout date calendar still shows the days as gray, but they added this message (this is the SoCal message):
Please Note: Blockout dates for select passport types have been removed for both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park for June 2018.

The dates below are now Good to Go!:

• Southern California Annual Passport: June 15, 16 and 20-22, 2018

The blockout date calendar still shows the days as gray, but they added this message (this is the SoCal message):
Please Note: Blockout dates for select passport types have been removed for both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park for June 2018.

The dates below are now Good to Go!:

• Southern California Annual Passport: June 15, 16 and 20-22, 2018
:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter