Navi Shaman gone. 9/19

RedmonFamily

Make it Blue!
We rode Navi on Monday and she was there today she is gone. It is just a large screen showing her now. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Yeah, happens occasionally when it goes down. It’s not gone, just behind that screen. Bummer when it happens but better than the whole ride being down, I guess.
They need a YETI SCREEN over on Expedition Everest. ;)

And, it is quite plausible that BECAUSE of the infamous (and embarrassing to Disney) "yeti situation" on EE, that they installed the "Shaman screen" on Navi River in the first place.

This happened on our trip 8/31 - 9/6. Was there on 9/2, but not on 9/5. I think this has happened on another trip as well.

Yep that's typical "B" mode. if you're on the right side of the boat you can sometimes see the top of her head where she is lowered below the ride. I'm REALLY hoping that this doesn't become a Yeti situation, where B mode becomes the only mode because they can't get A mode to work the way it was intended. That animatronic is one of the best in the parks (although after seeing Hondo Ohnaka, that title may be shifting!)

Hope its fixed by next Wednesday. We have to grandmoms who will be riding it for the first time.

We rode Navi on Monday and she was there today she is gone. It is just a large screen showing her now. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Same happened to us last year - not working on our first visit but up and running again a few days later. CM said that she was having a bad day and did not feel very well! :)

It's definitely disappointing when she isn't there. This past August, we were with friends who had never been and when we got to the end we had the dreaded video screen. We were annoyed because, as others have stated, she's really the only reason to ride. We asked a cast member when we got off of the ride where she was and they told us she was "out to lunch" and that she'd be back in 15 minutes. We rode again later in the day, and she was back. I think it's interesting how quickly they're able to remove and add her back in.

They need a YETI SCREEN over on Expedition Everest. ;)

And, it is quite plausible that BECAUSE of the infamous (and embarrassing to Disney) "yeti situation" on EE, that they installed the "Shaman screen" on Navi River in the first place.
OMG, I just had the image of a Disco Shaman go through my head.

OMG, I just had the image of a Disco Shaman go through my head.
I might actually ride it again to see her in Bell bottoms and an Afro wig. Otherwise, I’m out. IMO this is the biggest “miss” of any attraction at Disney. Built an entire new land and couldn’t come up with any story whatsoever for that beautiful scenery? Sad. Must’ve been the same script writers who brought us JBJB. Ugh.

I might actually ride it again to see her in Bell bottoms and an Afro wig. Otherwise, I’m out. IMO this is the biggest “miss” of any attraction at Disney. Built an entire new land and couldn’t come up with any story whatsoever for that beautiful scenery? Sad. Must’ve been the same script writers who brought us JBJB. Ugh.
I pretty much hated it the first time I saw it. I really like it now that my expectations are lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter