Navi river, just not good

FWIW...I do like the ride....Do I think it could've been a lil better? possibly, but it does have some nice scenery & effects.

Is it really 5 minutes?
That doesn’t seem like a really short ride. I mean, I get wanting a longer ride, because who didn’t want a longer ride? But 5 minutes doesn’t sound like a short ride.

Avatar was such a high dollar movie because of the technology used in the movie, it seems like Disney could have done a lot with Rivers but missed that boat. (Pun intended... )

I feel like it was nice. But we walked onto it at opening. If I waited an hour for it or gave up a FOP FP to ride it I'd be peeved. I think the ride would be fine if the tiering didn't effectively bill it as a tier 1 attraction--it's just not.

I feel like it was nice. But we walked onto it at opening. If I waited an hour for it or gave up a FOP FP to ride it I'd be peeved. I think the ride would be fine if the tiering didn't effectively bill it as a tier 1 attraction--it's just not.
Nothing other than FOP has high wait times there...Maybe 30 mins for EE....So if you FP FOP & walk onto Navi everything else should be fine.

Is it really 5 minutes?
That doesn’t seem like a really short ride. I mean, I get wanting a longer ride, because who didn’t want a longer ride? But 5 minutes doesn’t sound like a short ride.

Avatar was such a high dollar movie because of the technology used in the movie, it seems like Disney could have done a lot with Rivers but missed that boat. (Pun intended... )
It's about 4 minutes.

I rode this ride and the Frozen ride in Epcot for the first time this past week. I have to say that the Navi river ride was better than frozen. I really thought Frozen was not well done, and sort of just thrown together. I'm sure others will disagree, but I was pretty disappointed in the Frozen ride. I loved the old Norway ride. Wish it wasn't changed.

I totally agree with your opinion of Frozen. Was disappointed we waited an hour to ride it without children last week. Going to do Navi River next month WITH a FP (DH get's dizzy on Soarin so we want be doing FOP this trip).

I don't know, but I think I would appreciate this ride more if I had seen the movie. FOP, I don't think it matters because the experience itself is so amazing even without the added context (plus all of the many minutes of pre-shows giving explanation). With this ride I felt like I was not getting something.

I think it's pretty, but it's also pretty boring. It would be better with more characters. I was really glad I decided to get a second FP for FOP on my second AK day instead of wasting one on this ride. We walked on at the very end of the evening and only waited about ten minutes. I wouldn't wait more than 15 for a ride like this, and I'd probably only go on it again as a time filler before a FP. Come to think of it, I'd rather get a drink and people watch as a time filler... This one really is a once and done for me.

I was more un-impressed with the line, I guess the long lines and not much to do, than the actual ride. I always tell people who haven't been to disney that a great part of it is the lines, they are 'part' of the attraction, usually with lots of theming etc... I think this ride really missed that and had lots of things they could have done. Related to avatar.....

d

I think this is a great boat ride with cool tech effects. I love the foot prints from the critters jumping on the leaves above you and the insects crawling on the trees, etc. As long as the wait is less than 30-40 min, I think it is definitely worth doing. The problem is when people wait 60+ min they expect a ride worthy of that! It is as good as Winnie the Pooh and Under the Sea at MK, Nemo and Living with the Land at Epcot, the little Mermaid at HS, etc. and would be much more appreciated if it had lines comparable to those.

Would never do it again unless there is no wait. There's nothing to it, no narrative, just riding on a boat and looking at pretty colored things. It's really not even worth a fast pass after the first time (and that's only to say you've done it).

I had high hopes for this ride, I was really excited because Pandora was just pretty much awesome, especially at night. The theming was over the top with a luminescence and noises and structures and what not. The first thing that got me about Navi river was the queue which was extremely not Disney like, I thought they could’ve improved that with several different features or visual effects, theming or interesting things to look at, instead Its like a local theme park back-and-forth lines. The actual ride what impressive it was just very very short. I wish it would’ve been longer....even it’s a small world is 10 times as long it seems :) I was just really disappointed in the overall ride. Everything else was phenomenal.

I was underwhelmed by Pandora in general. Sure FOP was great...I enjoyed the River Ride but wouldn’t go out of my way to do it. Maybe my expectations were too high but I don’t feel like Pandora holds a candle to the Harry Potter areas in Universal. I will continue to wait for Star Wars.

I was hoping for a wee more anintronics like the Pirates ride.

It's ok. The problem is 1) it is not currently worth the wait and 2) it is completely out shined by Flights of Passage.

Everyone I went with last trip thought Flights of Passage was the best ride in all of Disney from the queue to the ride itself so when we went on the boat ride we were underwhelmed.

It's a good ride, but if the "Navi River" ride and "Living with the Land" were a choice after you sat down in the boat I would pick the land ride must of the time.

It's ok. The problem is 1) it is not currently worth the wait and 2) it is completely out shined by Flights of Passage.

Everyone I went with last trip thought Flights of Passage was the best ride in all of Disney from the queue to the ride itself so when we went on the boat ride we were underwhelmed.

Agree. I didn't dislike the ride. The issue is the wait. If I could "walk on" the ride mid morning, or after dinner time, OR if I could easily get a 4th FP+ (like Small World, Nemo, Land, etc.) I would definitely ride it. But I'm not heading to Pandora at rope drop and I'm not pre-booking a FP+ for it. So we are "one-and-done" until the demand for the ride changes significantly.

I think its really beautiful but I have not bothered with it the last two trips. I just don't want to waste a FP or wait in a long line.

That is how I feel about Peter Pan. I don't want to waste a precious Magic Kingdom fast pass or wait in that ridiculous line so I have to skip it even though I do like it.

Wow. It's amazing to see how differently people feel about NRJ. We looooooved it. We thought it was beautiful and while we would have liked it even more if it were longer, we thought it was fantastic. One of our faves and totally worth a FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter