Navi river, just not good

I thought it was very boring. It was short and the scenery didn't seem to change. My mind was also preoccupied about the fact that I was going to have to wait on line two hours for FOP. I'd try it again but only with a minimal wait.

I liked it, but would not wait more than twenty mins. for it. I am stunned when I see the wait for this over ninety mins.

I would give this ride a 20-30 minute wait and that would be it.

It is absolutely beautiful and takes you away from the heat and hustle of AK for a few minutes; I just wish it was more than a few minutes.

We rode it using a FP not long after opening last year and I was underwhelmed. It was pretty, but overall kind of boring. No way would I wait more than 15 min for it.

Reactions: Iya
I wish it would’ve been longer....even it’s a small world is 10 times as long it seems :)

We got stuck on small world last month! So yeah, it was WAY longer than Navi. So many extra repeats of the song! At that point I would have gladly chosen to be on the calm and pretty navi ride instead.

I did not like the ride either, although I appreciate that it was wonderfully immersive with some interesting technology. I also am one of those unusual people who is just not a fan of Avatar. I find the storyline and the characters annoying.

I did enjoy FOP, though.

We were there last week. First trip since 2008 so there were lots of new things to see. We made a point of trying any new attraction despite the reviews to decide for ourselves. In some cases we were pleasantly surprised. We don't to thrill rides (and couldn't get a FoP FP anyway) so we got a FP for NRJ instead. It was nice, but I too was disappointed. It seems they could have done so much more. It was definitely worth seeing with a FP, but I wouldn't want to wait in a long queue for it.

When we got off we all looked at each other for reactions. No one was excited. DD thought it was like Pirates of Caribbean but without a story line. Will walk on, but never waste a FP on it again.

I found it underwhelming. I got off saying that's it?
That was exactly what we said too. Very underwhelming. Maybe because I did not like the movie Avatar, but it was nothing much. So short with some strange beautiful things and just some very strange things to look at. I know some friends who love it though.

Just back and had a fast pass for Navi, stand-by wait time was 130 minutes. I was also disappointed, wouldn't waste a fast pass on this ride again, not worth it.

On our last trip we rode it once. It was okay, but way too short and we zipped by the shaman so fast we didn't see it do anything. It will be our rope drop ride, then hit the non-Pandora stuff, lunch and hit FoP with a FP after lunch.

The ride went beyond just not good to us. We found it annoying and a waste of a fast pass.

I wanted to love pandora. But this ride was boring and annoying. We got stuck for about 15 minutes at the end scene and it was torture. We have also done FOP twice and while that attraction has incredible effects....we wouldn't wait on any type of line for it.

Maybe it is that I just have no connection to the movie which I found incredibly boring. Tried to watch it three times and the longest I made it before falling asleep was 45 minutes.

With the incredibly vast inventory Disney has at its disposal I'm still scratching my head over Avatar.

My family and I all loved it. Now it's not something I'm dying to go back on right away (like FOP), but it is a beautiful ride. Could it be longer, sure, but it's still well done IMO.

Guess I’m in the minority, but I like it! It is so beautiful and peaceful. I never waited in line though, never had a problem getting FP or walking on near close.

I agree it was ok, but I won’t arrive early for it or burn a FP+, or wait more than 15 minutes. Even if AK dropped the tiering, I’d still book my same 3 - FOP, KS, and EE.

I had high hopes for this ride, I was really excited because Pandora was just pretty much awesome, especially at night. The theming was over the top with a luminescence and noises and structures and what not. The first thing that got me about Navi river was the queue which was extremely not Disney like, I thought they could’ve improved that with several different features or visual effects, theming or interesting things to look at, instead Its like a local theme park back-and-forth lines. The actual ride what impressive it was just very very short. I wish it would’ve been longer....even it’s a small world is 10 times as long it seems :) I was just really disappointed in the overall ride. Everything else was phenomenal.
I agree. I guess I just expected more. I was disappointed.

It was less than I was expecting, but my daughter loved it. She doesn't do a lot of rides in AK, so that made it worth it. We also walked on right at park open, so that helps.

We went to FoP at park opening only to find 3 hour wait (last summer) so we walked on Navi. Didn’t care for it, to be fair not an Avatar fan. Might walk on again, but would not wait for ride. Really liked Avatar though with fastpass. Didn’t have to know anything about Avatar to enjoy it.

I really like the ride, but I will only ride it if I have a FP so I have no clue about the queue.
Come to think of it, I've only ridden it with a FP as well, but Just curious, because I don't think you really miss anything by FPing it...:confused3.

From what I recall is, just where you enter into the mountain area is right where the line halts, for the S/B people. I think.
Now for FOP, this I know has a lot of things to do & see..Even though once again I've only ridden w/ a FP. I do want to experience it w/ out one though..Maybe I can get there at RP to do so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter