Navi river, just not good

claven123

Mouseketeer
I had high hopes for this ride, I was really excited because Pandora was just pretty much awesome, especially at night. The theming was over the top with a luminescence and noises and structures and what not. The first thing that got me about Navi river was the queue which was extremely not Disney like, I thought they could’ve improved that with several different features or visual effects, theming or interesting things to look at, instead Its like a local theme park back-and-forth lines. The actual ride what impressive it was just very very short. I wish it would’ve been longer....even it’s a small world is 10 times as long it seems :) I was just really disappointed in the overall ride. Everything else was phenomenal.

I really enjoyed it. I agree a little longer would have been nice, but really I just enjoyed how calm it was. Back and forth lines are annoying, but this one I didn't mind much maybe cause it was new I didn't get bored. I'll take over not having it anyday cause a ride is better than no ride to me. It does seem this ride gets a mixed review, but than all rides do really.

Can you imagine buttons you could push.... and those flowers would suck back in themselves. Like in the movie.... Those would be cool to put along the ride instead of those giant boulders. I like the ride I just didn’t like the queue or how short it was.

The first thing that got me about Navi river was the queue which was extremely not Disney like, I thought they could’ve improved that with several different features or visual effects, theming or interesting things to look at, instead Its like a local theme park back-and-forth lines. The actual ride what impressive it was just very very short.
I actually just watched a video yesterday that stated the ride was suppose to be much longer and include a drop and likely more animatronics, but because they were so over budget they had to cut the ride short.

I was going to get a FP for Navi, but that essentially would have held us up from selecting 3 FP at another park for the evening -- so i dropped Navi and just went with my gut and selected our evening FP for MK. From everything i have read with the ride being amazing but so short it just doesn't seem like it is worth the long wait or the use of a FP.

I like it, but it could use a punch-up with a few more actual animatronics. If they did that I think it would be really great.

It was ok to look at, that’s all I can say about it really. Wasn’t worth the 90min+ wait we did last week and I wouldn’t go on it again unless no lines at all (or at least very short) But I thought Pandora itself was spectacular.

I can't call it not good. It's very pretty and the shaman is fascinating. But it's very short and I wouldn't wait longer than 20 minutes for it.

I loved it, but I wouldn't wait a long time for it.

We rode it four times last trip. Once we hopped in just before close, got through in about 15 minutes, and managed to race around to the entrance just in time to ride it a second time. It was a walk-on, as we were the last couple people in, and on the last boat through.

The next time we hopped in just before close again. It was busier that day, so we were in line about 15 min (the posted wait time was 40 min, but with no fastpass returns, we knew it'd be shorter).

And the final time we rode, we got a surprise 4th fastpass. Yay!

I though the ride was absolutely lovely, but I also think there isn't a ride anywhere worth waiting hours for. And waiting that long would likely have ruined my appreciation for the ride and made me very grumpy. I remember once getting trapped in a 50 minute line when Goofy's Barnstormer broke down. By the time I finally rode, I was completely unimpressed and thought it was the Worst. Coaster. Ever. It was another five years before I happened to ride again - this time walking on with no wait. My reaction the second time? "What a cute little coaster!"

Moral - nothing in the parks is worth waiting hours for. Not for me, anyway. There's always some other fun thing I could be doing instead.

Na'vi isn't a bad ride IMHO. It just isn't worth choosing either the wait times it gets right now or forgoing FoP. I would compare it to Figment. A neat little ride, but I'd never wait 60-90 minute or more to ride it or forgo a Tier 1 FastPass (Frozen, Test Track, or Soarin) for it.

I enjoyed the ride! The first time I rode it, I hadn't seen Avatar in years. I just wanted to ride it to see what it was. I still thought it was beautiful, but I agree, it didn't make much sense. Before our next trip, I watched Avatar again. After that, I understood more about the ride and appreciated it. I think it's beautiful. I do agree I wish it was longer, just because it's relaxing and in the AC.

I rode this ride and the Frozen ride in Epcot for the first time this past week. I have to say that the Navi river ride was better than frozen. I really thought Frozen was not well done, and sort of just thrown together. I'm sure others will disagree, but I was pretty disappointed in the Frozen ride. I loved the old Norway ride. Wish it wasn't changed.

I enjoy the Navi River ride. It is very beautiful, pleasant but too short. I would never wait in a long line to ride it. Using a fast pass is the only way I will ride it and only then if I do not need to use the fast pass on another attraction.

It's once and done for us, unless it's a walk on. Maybe it will eventually grow on me. But at this point I won't wait in line or make a fp for it.

I liked it, but would not wait more than twenty mins. for it. I am stunned when I see the wait for this over ninety mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!