• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Natwest/Amex insurance for carhire

Helen Clayton

Earning My Ears
I keep seeing reference to Natwest/Amex which seems to hint that if you have a supposedly 'free' hire car booked, they would cover all the car insurance. I've checked out the American Express site but couldn't find any reference to it on any of the cards they offer. Anyone out there know about this?

thanks
Helen

AMEX UK SITE its under their annual insurance schemes.
The Nat West policy is £70 if you have a Nat West credit card, I believe Amex do a similar offer to Platinum members.

Stuff I,ve posted before....
=================================================
Nat West CAR RENTAL INSURANCE

I have the glossy brouchure here, Nat West marketing is...how can I put this errm C**P, not very good :)

Nat West Insurance Services 0800 0515101
also to arrange cover/ policy copy 01273 765340 quote NWCRI
Insist on speaking to someone who knows about the policy, the people who answer the phone get confused very easily :)
Brouchure says
"Cover is provided subject to :
Your Nat West Credit Card being used to pay for the car rental."
So inthe case of a fly drive "FREE CAR" it would be the holiday you pay for on your card.
Biggest savings are with a fly drive holiday including a "FREE" car. The Nat West brouchure actually quotes the savings on a Virgin Fly Drive Free car.
Just decline the insurance, you will ned to leave a credit card imprint for $1500. Although you get this back (as it never actually gets charged) it will show as your credit limit will be reduced by $1500 during your holiday by a pending charge.

Also allow up to $10 a day for local taxes etc.

Trying to hire a car alone without insurance is proving very difficault (you see where their making their money !!)
==================================================

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter