• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

National Rep...said i can't combine.....

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
just got off the phone with national rep....i was asking for help canceling a ressie....she then says i notice that you combined NHOL pricing with a coupon and disney club discount....she said the when i check in the coupon and DC discount will not be honored because the NHOL price is not valid with other discounts and says so on the website.....

i can't find the NHOL on the website to see what the limitations are. has anybody combined it with coupons and DC discount and what were the results..???????

When I was checking Dec 6 to 13 last weekend, it was more when I used the NHOL code with DC than when I did DC alone. With the DC contract & coupon I got $156 for full size with EA. With NHOL added, it was around $180. I just tried it again and got the same figures.

We also had a National Ressie for our Dec. trip which combined the DC code, DC coupon and NHOL rate. At the end of October, after I made the original ressie, we decided to extend our stay by one day, so we would return the car Thursday, Dec. 19th at 1 pm. When I tried to change the rental car reservation - it said that there was a blackout for the holiday on all coupon codes. Since my coupon was for a free Saturday night on a 4 day or longer rental - the free day was still Saturday the 14th - not in the holiday period!

I called National directly, and they wouldn't accept the change - and the agent said they wouldn't have allowed me to use the coupon anyway because I had the NHOL code. Same reason they gave to you. I really think if you have a written quote with you, they would have to give it to you, but I don't know for sure! She then gave me her best quote over the phone - it was $90 more than my original ressie for one extra day! (Original quote was for $131, including fees - New one $220!!!). Definitely not worth the money. Southwest only charged an extra $10 total for the change for five tickets! They should give National lessons in customer service!

We thought about taking a town car, but we are spending part of our stay at the AKL, and want to have the car available to do some resort hopping to see the Christmas decorations. Luckily, this was around the time that Mary of Mousesavers posted her Jeep 50% discount! We checked out the Dollar site, and were able to snag a ressie for the full trip for just $170 including taxes and fees! We love Emerald Aisle - but we will try Dollar this time - bigger car - cheaper price! The only issue is that I made the ressie in my name - if I want DH to be able to drive to, it's an additional $5/day. Emerald Aisle - spouse drive free. I figure - he can deal with the girls, and I can drive!

If you go to the National website and click on the graphic in the upper right corner, it gives NHOL information. If you click through on the other vehicles section, the fine print does say not combined with other discounts. Drat! I did a coupon and DC too.

What I want to know if why, if it can't be combined, why did the ressie go through on the website with my coupon and my discount? To me, that's their fault for not programming their website correctly. It's also a little my fault for not reading the fine print very finely, but this is the first time I have read where you CAN't combine a product rate code, a contract code and a coupon code if you have what works with the vehicle you are renting.

Hoping someone just back can provide details! I don't want to lose my discounts!

I got the Winter 2002 DC guide today. National is still in there, up to 20% discount, and it says may not be combined with other discounts. I was surprised it says valid until 12/31/03. I thought they would drop National since they are no longer the official company. They are showing 20% off with Alamo too.

If it doesn't come up the same when you return the car, I would take the confirmation to the counter and plead your case. One time I made a reservation and got an Emerald Club discount. Between the time I made the reservation and rented the car, they were no longer giving an EC discount. When I returned the car, the discount wasn't there. I took my printout inside and they redid it.

Kanga I got your PM.....

Does anybody have first hand experience with combining or not....

The national site doesn't show a DC discount when I use NHOL for dates in Feb. I am only able to add an entertainment coupon. Gosh I don't like the fact that we need to think so much and put in so much effort just to rent a car. I read this board, check Mary's and a couple other coupon boards as well as the car sites Nat. and Dollar every morning when I wake up. My kids and my husband think this is pretty funny and are snickering about it and the big change in cost (lately) is only about $20.:confused:

I actually combined three last sunday for a minivan. I used the NHOL, dc contract and EB book cooupon. No problem, the attendant too the coupon and all was as quoted.

Thanks Pluto...that's what I wanted to hear.....:D :D

This reminds me of the deal at Avis last year using the "USA" rate code. So many people chimed in that it wouldn't be honored even with a printout. I had used it and it was excepted with no questions at all, saved me a bundle also. If you're not satisfied with other people's experiences, either pro or con, try to also book a back up ressie from another company or a more expensive one from the same company. You'll have a backup if your ressie isn't excepted. For my upcoming vacation I also booked with National, using the DC contract code, NHOL rate code and the Entertainment book coupon. Good Luck to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter