National Days to celebrate - updated now 2024 - May 6-12

Toilet paper Origami
for fun

My brothers and I used to have mung fights,,,, soaked toilet paper throwing activity....yeah weird.
I say toilet paper should be hung under.

And friends don't let friends meme
91ec4d38960e11642273a02181e97dc8--toilet-paper-dont-let.jpg

Last edited:
I say toilet paper should be hung under.
I am an over person. I actually have a friend who will go to someones bathroom and change the toilet paper roll if it isn't the way she likes it. Not me but we do notice it at the cottage when the different people up there change the rolls and yes we do change the rolls - we don't leave it for the next person to change. My sister is an under person because she had a cat and I am an over person.

Thur Aug 24
Peach Pie Day, Waffle Day, International Strange Music Day, Can Opener Day
For International Strange Music Day, I give you Rolf Harris and the didgeridoo song.
When I went to Australia my Dad did try to play the didgeridoo and it wasn't easy and nope it didn't sound good.

Let's finish off the month of August.

Mon Aug 28
Bow Tie Day, Cherry Turnovers Day, National Red Wine Day, Thoughtful Day, Read Comics in Public Day, Power Rangers Day, Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day (pets)​

Tues Aug 29
Chop Suey Day, National Lemon Juice Day, According to Hoyle Day, More Herbs Less Salt​

Wed Aug 30
Toasted Marshmallow Day, National Beach Day, Frankenstein Day, Slinky Day

Thur Aug 31
Trail Mix Day, Diatomaceous Earth Day, Matchmaker Day, Eat Outside Day

Sorry for the late posting but here are the days for the first week and a half in September.
goodbye august hello september.jpg
make it a september to remember.jpg
Fri Sept 1
No Rhyme Nor Reason Day, Letter Writing Day, Pink Cadillac Day, Gyro Day, Cherry Popover Day, Lazy Moms Day*, Food Bank Day*, Burnt Ends Day, Chianti Day​

Sat Sept 2
Blueberry Popsicle, World Coconut Day (you know the song), World Beard Day (1st Sa), Tailgating Day, International Bacon Day​

Sun Sept 3
Bowling League Day, Welsh Rarebit Day, National Skyscraper Day, Pet Rock Day (1st Su)​

Mon Sept 4
Macadamia Nut Day, Newspaper Carrier Day, Wildlife Day, Spice Blend Day, Eat an Extra Dessert Day, Labour Day​

Tues Sept 5
Cheese Pizza Day, Be Late for Something Day, Telephone Tuesday (ring ring) (Tues after Labour Day), World Samosa Day​

Wed Sept 6
Coffee Ice Cream Day, Read A Book Day​

Thur Sept 7
Acorn Squash Day, Beer Lover’s Day, Neither Snow Nor Rain, Salami Day, Feel the Love Day​

Fri Sept 8
Ampersand Day, Star Trek Day​

Sat Sept 9
Care Bears Share Your Care Day, Teddy Bear Day, Wiener Schnitzel Day, International Sudoku Day, Wonderful Weirdos, I Love Food Day​

Sun Sept 10
Swap Ideas Day, TV Dinner Day, International Make-Up Day, Pet Memorial Day, Grandparents Day (Su after Labour Day), Hot Dog Day (2nd Su)​

Mon Sept 11
Hot Cross Bun Day, Make your Bed Day, National Emergency Responders Day​

Tues Sept 12
Chocolate Milkshake, Day of Encouragement, Video Games, Hug & High 5, Ants on a Log(2t)​

Wed Sept 13
Peanut Day, Kids Take Over the Kitchen, Bald is Beautiful , Fortune Cookie Day​

Thur Sept 14
Cream Filled Donut Day, Eat a Hoagie Day, Live Creative Day​

Fri Sept 15
Cheese Toast Day, Crème de Menthe Day, Double Cheeseburger Day, Greenpeace Day, Linguine Day, Online Learning Day, Make a Hat Day, Tradesmen Day (3rd Fr)​

Sat Sept 16
Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Play-Doh, Collect Rocks, Guac Day, (3rd Sat Days) CleanUp Day, Batman Day, Big Whopper Liar Day, Dance Day, Responsible Dog Ownership Day​

Sun Sept 17
Apple Dumpling Day, Monte Cristo Day​

This day doesn't belong in this time period in my opinion.. Mon Sept 11 Hot Cross Bun Day (more of an Easter time period)
Tues Sept 12
Chocolate Milkshake, Day of Encouragement, Video Games, Hug & High 5, Ants on a Log(2t)
I will be doing the Ants on a Log
Thur Sept 14
Cream Filled Donut Day, Eat a Hoagie Day, Live Creative Day
I used to bring in cream filled donuts to work once in a while and they were divine. Too bad the donut shop doesn't have them anymore, they just have the eclairs and they aren't the same.
Sat Sept 16
Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Play-Doh, Collect Rocks, Guac Day, (3rd Sat Days) CleanUp Day, Batman Day, Big Whopper Liar Day, Dance Day, Responsible Dog Ownership Day
Yummy cinnamon raisin bread - I can go for this. Collecting rocks is my sisters favourite pastime. We have collected rocks on our vacations in Great Britain, East Coast, West Coast and at the cottage.
Sun Sept 17
Apple Dumpling Day, Monte Cristo Day
Anybody remember the old Apple Dumpling Movies with Don Knotts and Tim Conway? I know they weren't the main stars but they are the ones that I remember.

A little late but here are this weeks day.

Mon Sept 18
Cheeseburger Day, Rice Krispie Day​
Tues Sept 19
Butterscotch Pudding Day, Talk Like a Pirate​
Wed Sept 20
Fried Rice Day, Pepperoni Pizza Day, Punch Day, String Cheese Day, Get Ready Day(3rd Tu​
Thur Sept 21
Chai Day, New York Day, Pecan Cookie Day, Mini Golf Day​
Fri Sept 22
Car Free Day, Centenarian’s Day, Elephant Appreciation Day, Girls’ Night in Day, Ice Cream Cone Day, White Chocolate Day, Hobbit Day, Astronomy Day, National Bakery Day, Dear Diary Day​
Sat Sept 23
Autumn Equinox, Great American Pot Pie Day, Snack Stick Day, Dogs in Politics, Checkers Day, Singles Day​
Sun Sept 24
Cherries Jubilee Day, Punctuation Day​

The month has just flown by and we are not at the end of September. I must get working on Octobers days.
Mon Sept 25
Lobster Day, One-Hit Wonder Day, Open the Magic (open a book & read), Cooking Day, Quesadilla Day, Daughters Day,​

Tues Sept 26
Dumpling Day, Pancake Day, Johnny Appleseed Day, National Key Lime Pie Day​

Wed Sept 27
Chocolate Milk Day, Corned Beef Hash Day, Crush a Can Day, Scarf Day, National No Excuses Day, Day of Forgiveness​

Thur Sept 28
Drink Beer Day, Good Neighbour Day, Strawberry Cream Pie Day, Ask a Stupid Question​

Fri Sept 29
Coffee Day, National Starbucks Day, Conficious Day, Broadway Musicals Day, Hug a Vegetarian Day​

Sat Sept 30
Chewing Gum Day, Hot Mulled Cider Day, Love People Day, Mud Pack Day, Last Sat days - Save Your Photos Day, Ghost Hunting Day​

Mon Sept 25
Lobster Day, One-Hit Wonder Day, Open the Magic (open a book & read), Cooking Day, Quesadilla Day, Daughters Day,
I thought I would share some of the One Hit Wonders that I found that I actually know. The lists vary depending on who created it but a One Hit Wonder is a band who has cracked the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 only once .
Another definition. A one-hit wonder is any entity that achieves mainstream popularity, often for only one piece of work, and becomes known among the general public solely for that momentary success. The term is most commonly used in regard to music performers with only one hit single that overshadows their other work.
Either way here are some of the ones that I know.
Macarena
Tainted Love
Come on Eileen
I'm Too Sexy
99 Luft Balloons
You Light up my Life
Play that Funky Music
It's Raining Men
In a Big County
Whip It
In the Year 2525
867-5309 (Jenny)
Hot Hot Hot
Kung Fu Fighting
Chick a Boom
Now you won't be able to unhear these songs.

Sat Sept 30
Chewing Gum Day, Hot Mulled Cider Day, Love People Day, Mud Pack Day, Last Sat days - Save Your Photos Day, Ghost Hunting Day
Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bed post overnight? You know the song.
Happy National Chewing Gum Day.
Is is also National Ghost Hunting Day. Funny story - a couple of years ago we went on a Ghost Tour in New York State and after we stopped at a Walmart we came out to the van and found some ghosts just hanging around waiting for us to return. We told them they had to stay there but they persisted and followed us home to Canada.
DSC09802 ghost tour.jpg
Yes I did have fun sneaking out to the van and hanging these ghosts for my fellow ghost hunters to find.

Let's celebrate the month of October. I goggled information about October and in Old England the month was called Winmonath, which means “wine month,” for this was the time of year when wine was made. Trivia at its best.

Sun Oct 1
Hair Day, Homemade Cookies Day, Day of Older Persons, World Vegetarian Day, National Pumpkin Spice Day, CD Player Day, Int’l Coffee Day

Mon Oct 2
Fried Scallops, Name Your Car, Frugal Fun Day, Smarties Day (rockets), Consignment Day (1st M)​

Tues Oct 3
Boyfriend Day, Techies Day, Mean Girl Day , Eat Fruit at Work Day (1st Tu)​

Wed Oct 4
Golf Lover’s Day, Taco Day, Vodka Day, Cinnamon Roll Day, Canadian Beer, Pumpkin Seed​

Thur Oct 5
Apple Betty Day, Do Something Nice, Get Funky, Chic Spy Day/James Bond Day​

Fri Oct 6
Mad Hatter Day, Noodle Day, Plus Size Appreciation Day, Garlic Lovers Day, Plaidurary (1st F), World Smile Day (1st F)​

Sat Oct 7
Frappe, Inner Beauty, LED Light, Chocolate Pretzel Day, Bathtub Day, Card Making Day (1st Sat)​

Sun Oct 8
Fluffernutter Day, Pierogi Day, International Offroad Day, Motorcycle Ride Day, Salmon Day​

Mon Oct 9
Moldy Cheese Day, Curious Events Day, Canadian Thanksgiving Day 🦃, Columbus Day​

Tues Oct 10
Angel Food Cake Day, Cake Decorating Day, Handbag Day, Walk to a Park, National Metric Day, World Porridge Day, Love your Hair, Kick Butt​

Wed Oct 11
Int’l Day of the Girl Child, Sausage Pizza, It’s My Party Day, You Go Girl, Nat’l Coming Out, Take Your Parent out to Lunch Day, Southern Food Heritage Day, Bring your Teddy Bear 🧸 to Work/School

Thur Oct 12
Farmers Day, Freethought Day, Gumbo Day, Pulled Pork Day, Fossil Day, Moment of Frustration Day, Curves Day, World Arthritis Day, World Sight Day​

Fri Oct 13
No Bra Day, Train Your Brain Day, Yorkshire Pudding, M&M’s Day (the candy), Friday the 13th , Int’l Skeptics Day, World Egg Day (2nd F)

Sat Oct 14
Dessert Day, Adventure Day, Bookshop Day 2nd Sat - I Love Yarn Day, Chess Day, Bald & Free​

Sun Oct 15
Cheese Curd Day, Grouch Day I Love Lucy Day, White Cane Safety Day, Mushroom Day, Information Overload Day, Sewing Lovers Day, Chicken Cacciatore Day, Shawarma Day​

Mon Oct 16
Department Store Day, Dictionary Day, Learn a Word Day, Global Cat Day, Liqueur Day, World Food Day, National Sports Day, National Bosses Day, Clean Your Virtual Desktop (3rd M)

Tues Oct 17
Mulligan Day, Pasta Day, Wear Something Gaudy

Wed Oct 18
Chocolate Cupcake Day, No Beard Day, Mashed Potato Day, BRA Day USA (3rd W)

Thur Oct 19
Seafood Bisque Day, New Friends Day, Evaluate Your Life Day, Gin & Tonic

Fri Oct 20
Brandied Fruit, World Sloth Day, Chicken & Waffle, Suspender Day, National Mammogramy Day,

Sat Oct 21
Pumpkin Cheesecake Day, Back to the Future Day, National Apple Day, Count Your Buttons Day, Sweetest Day, Loud Shirt Day, Int’ Day of the Nacho, Play Fetch Day

Sun Oct 22
Colour Day, Make a Dog’s Day, Nut Day, National Croc Day (the shoe), CAPS LOCK DAY, Eat a Pretzel Day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter