National/Blackout dates

disynut

DIS Veteran
I need help! After seeing the airline specials today, I talked hubby into taking off for a pre-Christmas trip! Yay! We will be arriving in Tampa on Dec.18(late night) and leaving Tampa Dec. 24(early) but all the coupon codes I have tried have been blackout dates. I have tried Mary Waring's, and the Disney Club one. Are there any others out there? Right now we are looking at $164 for that period, but last year we got an intermediate(EA) for $116 from Dec. 16-23.

Also, has anyone used the Emerald Aisle at Tampa? We have always flown into MCO so I am not familiar with this airport.

Thanks!
JenniferºOº

I think there may actually be a problem with National's site. On Friday evening, I booked using DC contract and coupon code...full size for $84 ($113 with taxes). I tried to book for another set of dates yesterday, and it would only give me the DC contract discount. I tried my original dates, and again, only the 1 discount. I then viewed my reservation, and the price now showed $134 with taxes (only 1 discount showing). I called National to confirm my rate, and they were still showing the $113.

Hopefully, they will get things straightened out.

Sharon - I experienced the same problem. I was just trying to look at my reservation because someone mentioned that their's had been cancelled without their consent. My reservation was there, but at a higher price.

I sent National an e-mail and am waiting for a response. I hope it was just a glitch.

That time frame is a black out period. For further information about this call 1-800-car rent.

If it wasn't during the blackout period, look to the transportation forum as we have several threads about their website not working properly. I still haven't received an email from the webmaster. Hopefully, he's too busy getting the problem solved to email me ;)

I tried my coupon and my discount number and Delta's coupon and it came back saying that the coupon could not be used as it was a black out period. I then called National and they said it was a black out period. I then tried the week before she was to leave and it was fine.
Took the coupon NO problem.

Thanks for all your help! I'll try one more time tomorrow since I haven't made the ressie yet anyway and if it doesn't work then I'll take what I can get and hope for discounts closer to December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter