Nassau for Short Stay

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Anyone gone on a cruise to Nassau with kids for just a short stay? Our ship is there from 7am - 2pm and trying to decide what to do. Am thinking maybe just Junkanoo beach + shopping + maybe the Pirate Museum (boring for kids?)....but not sure.

They'll be 10.5 and 6.5. Currently the younger one is just starting to swim so big snorkeling adventures won't work

Our boys (both 14 at the time) really liked the museum but it is a pretty quick attraction even if you're very interested and linger at every display and read all the information. About an hour, tops. We made our stop there (and walked back to the ship) after a visit to the Ardastra Zoo (caught a cab from the pier and then back to the museum) which the kids and I also enjoyed. Together it made for a very nice 1/2 day port stop. FWIW, the boys and I did this on our own as DH was golfing and I never felt unsafe at any point. Avoid the Straw Market though if you don't like to be addressed by the vendors. They weren't super-aggressive but I still would have preferred to skip it.

Our boys (both 14 at the time) really liked the museum but it is a pretty quick attraction even if you're very interested and linger at every display and read all the information. About an hour, tops. We made our stop there (and walked back to the ship) after a visit to the Ardastra Zoo (caught a cab from the pier and then back to the museum) which the kids and I also enjoyed. Together it made for a very nice 1/2 day port stop. FWIW, the boys and I did this on our own as DH was golfing and I never felt unsafe at any point. Avoid the Straw Market though if you don't like to be addressed by the vendors. They weren't super-aggressive but I still would have preferred to skip it.

Thanks for the advice. Will see if we go to the pirate museum as not sure how long it will keep their interest (but we don't have a ton of time in Nassau anyways so even if 1hr, that's a perfect amount of time). Thanks for the tip about avoiding the straw market...and good to know that you felt safe with just your kids. You hear mixed reviews in Nassau.

Yeah, it's a shame it's so short. I'm sure we'll at least hit a beach for an hour or two, but wanted to know if there were other suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter