Narita to the Tokyo Disney Resort Area...

EvilinaDM101

I LOVE Disney, Lilo and Stitch, Depeche Mode and m
If the airport Limousine bus is not available, any other suggestions on how to get to the Tokyo Disney area from The Narita airport at 7pm at night?

Thanks in advance for any tips and info! We leave for our trip in 7 days :scared:

Im curious about this too as our flight doesnt get in til 7:30pm and Im not sure it will allow us enough time to get on the limousine bus :confused3

(We leave next Sunday too!)

If the airport Limousine bus is not available, any other suggestions on how to get to the Tokyo Disney area from The Narita airport at 7pm at night?

One option is the Narita Express train to Tokyo station, and then the Keiyo line to Maihama. But the change of trains will not be a pleasant experience - the walk between the NEX platform and the Keiyo platform is almost a kilometer. And once you get to Maihama, you still to make your way to your hotel. (I think you've previously posted that you'll be staying at the Hilton. There are taxis at Maihama; I don't know if the hotel runs a shuttle.)

Another option, but one that I haven't tried: Instead of the Narita Express, take a local Keisei train and get off at Funabashi, which is about 10 miles from Tokyo Disney, and take a taxi the rest of the way. The fare should be about 5000 Yen.

A third option, but not one I would endorse trying on one's first evening in Tokyo and/or with luggage: At Funabashi, exit the Keisei station and instead of catching a taxi go to the neighboring JR station. Take the Chuo-Sobu line one stop to Nishi-Funbashi. Then change to a Musashino train to Maihama. And then make your way to the Hilton.

Thanks everyone!

So I was looking at Hyperdia and this is what I have gathered so far...

From Narita airport, taking the JR Sobu/Narita Line Rapid, then arriving to Chiba. From Chiba taking the Chiba Urban Monorail No.2 to Chibaminato. Chibaminato to the JR Keiyo Line Local to Maihama and then we are pretty much there.

Does this sound right?

Would this be something doable with luggage?

My DH and I don't mind the adventure! LOL

It's soooo silly to me that there is only 1 shuttle service (Limo Bus) and the last bus is at 5pm :(

Thanks again for everyones thoughts and input.

OH and there is a shuttle from Maihama to the Hilton :)

So I was looking at Hyperdia and this is what I have gathered so far...

From Narita airport, taking the JR Sobu/Narita Line Rapid, then arriving to Chiba. From Chiba taking the Chiba Urban Monorail No.2 to Chibaminato. Chibaminato to the JR Keiyo Line Local to Maihama and then we are pretty much there.

Does this sound right?

Obviously, I don't know exactly what data you entered into Hyperdia, but I have a hard time believing that routing would usually be the best option.

Searching for travel options between Narita Terminal 1 and Maihama leaving at or after 7pm on December 2:

• The fastest option is a routing on the Keisei Sky Access/Musashino lines, which departs at 7:32pm, takes 68 minutes, and costs 1200 Yen (and involves only one train change - an option that I overlooked but is similar to my #3).
  • The cheapest option is a routing on the Keisei/Chuo/Musashino lines (my #3), which departs at 7:46pm, takes 75 minutes, and costs 930 Yen.

There are a couple of Chiba routings, but all cost more and take longer then the above - and while they might leave Narita earlier, none would actually get to Maihama earlier.

Obviously, I don't know exactly what data you entered into Hyperdia, but I have a hard time believing that routing would usually be the best option.

Searching for travel options between Narita Terminal 1 and Maihama leaving at or after 7pm on December 2:

• The fastest option is a routing on the Keisei Sky Access/Musashino lines, which departs at 7:32pm, takes 68 minutes, and costs 1200 Yen (and involves only one train change - an option that I overlooked but is similar to my #3).
  • The cheapest option is a routing on the Keisei/Chuo/Musashino lines (my #3), which departs at 7:46pm, takes 75 minutes, and costs 930 Yen.

There are a couple of Chiba routings, but all cost more and take longer then the above - and while they might leave Narita earlier, none would actually get to Maihama earlier.

I'm looking into all of these options. Thanks!

Is the route I listed terrible? It seems to be priced okay and the same as the other routes given. My main fear and concern, is the fact that we'll have luggage with us.

I put in Hyperdia Leaving Narita Terminal 1 and going to Maihama at 9pm.
We arrive in Narita at 7:05pm but wanted to make sure we had enough time to get our wifi and to get through customs. The fastest option you listed sounds great but it doesn't show up in Hyperdia :confused3

My main fear and concern, is the fact that we'll have luggage with us.

I'm not especially familiar with the stations that have been mentioned other than Tokyo itself; but presumably limiting the number of train changes would be a good idea, since you'll likely need to change platforms. The Chiba routings would require at least two changes; the Keisei Sky Access-Musashino option that I found on Hyperdia seems to be the only one-change option. In particular:

• A Keisei Sky Access train departs Terminal 1 at 7:32pm; its sixth stop is Higashimatsudo at 8:12pm
  • A JR Musashino train departs Higashimatsudo at 8:17pm; after the first stop (Nishifunabashi) it runs on the Keiyo line and its fourth stop is Maihama at 8:40pm.
But if you are willing to spend the money, using a taxi for the final leg is likely to be the easiest option, since you won't have to catch a hotel shuttle or the monorail at Maihama. I recently opted to take a cab from "downtown" to the Tokyo Disneyland area because I didn't want to deal with a pile of baggage on trains.

I put in Hyperdia Leaving Narita Terminal 1 and going to Maihama at 9pm. We arrive in Narita at 7:05pm but wanted to make sure we had enough time to get our wifi and to get through customs.

Although I've usually found customs at Narita to be efficient, a 9pm arrival time at Maihama based on a 7:05pm flight arrival might be ambitious. I'd suggest checking later times on Hyperdia to have some back-up options if all doesn't go according to plan.

I'm not especially familiar with the stations that have been mentioned other than Tokyo itself; but presumably limiting the number of train changes would be a good idea, since you'll likely need to change platforms. The Chiba routings would require at least two changes; the Keisei Sky Access-Musashino option that I found on Hyperdia seems to be the only one-change option. In particular:

• A Keisei Sky Access train departs Terminal 1 at 7:32pm; its sixth stop is Higashimatsudo at 8:12pm
  • A JR Musashino train departs Higashimatsudo at 8:17pm; after the first stop (Nishifunabashi) it runs on the Keiyo line and its fourth stop is Maihama at 8:40pm.
But if you are willing to spend the money, using a taxi for the final leg is likely to be the easiest option, since you won't have to catch a hotel shuttle or the monorail at Maihama. I recently opted to take a cab from "downtown" to the Tokyo Disneyland area because I didn't want to deal with a pile of baggage on trains.

Although I've usually found customs at Narita to be efficient, a 9pm arrival time at Maihama based on a 7:05pm flight arrival might be ambitious. I'd suggest checking later times on Hyperdia to have some back-up options if all doesn't go according to plan.

WOW!! And thanks for all this info!! :flower3:
Especially this bit!

Where did this info come from, so I can check this out! :)

As for the 9pm arrival, ummm NO! LOL I meant leaving Narita at 9pm. :lmao:

Where did this info come from, so I can check this out! :)

This is a summary of one of the options that I found on Hyperdia, putting in a 7pm departure time for travel from Narita Terminal 1 to Maihama on December 2. Hopefully it should also appear for you if you run the same search - but I don't know how consistent Hyperdia's results are.

As for the 9pm arrival, ummm NO! LOL I meant leaving Narita at 9pm. :lmao:

Unless you're unlucky, I don't think it should take that long. In more than a dozen trips through Narita, only once did I have to wait more than 15 minutes at immigration, and after clearing immigration I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes for my bags. Hypothetically, a 9pm arrival in Maihama might be possible if the wifi pickup is quick - although I wouldn't be too confident...

In regard to the wifi device, you also want to check where you need to go. Some companies have counters near the exit from the baggage claim (1st floor) or the train station (basement) but others may require you to go up to the shopping plaza on the 4th floor. A list appears at http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/service/list/svc_19_1.html.

This is a summary of one of the options that I found on Hyperdia, putting in a 7pm departure time for travel from Narita Terminal 1 to Maihama on December 2. Hopefully it should also appear for you if you run the same search - but I don't know how consistent Hyperdia's results are.

Unless you're unlucky, I don't think it should take that long. In more than a dozen trips through Narita, only once did I have to wait more than 15 minutes at immigration, and after clearing immigration I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes for my bags. Hypothetically, a 9pm arrival in Maihama might be possible if the wifi pickup is quick - although I wouldn't be too confident...

In regard to the wifi device, you also want to check where you need to go. Some companies have counters near the exit from the baggage claim (1st floor) or the train station (basement) but others may require you to go up to the shopping plaza on the 4th floor. A list appears at http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/service/list/svc_19_1.html.

Sweet!! You are AWESOME!! Thanks!! :)

And I have the counter and location for the wifi pick up ready to go! Thanks again!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter