Narcoosee's vs. Citricos

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
Okay...the only place we've ever eaten at Grand Floridian is 1900 Park Fair. Thinking about a dinner next visit to either Narcoosee's or Citricos. It's me, wife and three kids....all of whom are good about eating just about anything and trying just about anything.
I've seen the menus of both. They look a little pricey...but I don't mind spending some extra money for a very enjoyable and memorable meal.
Would like to hear from all my friends in the Disboards world about their experiences at either place! Thanks!!

We're a family of five too and if each menu appeals to you I'd probably pick Narcoosse's because the setting is so nice. It's set at the edge of the lake with pretty views toward MK, the Polynesian and CR. With a family of five, you'll have a window table unless they've changed the seating. I'd probably choose an earlier seating to make sure you don't have a long wait and to minimize the noise as the floors are wood and sometimes it can get loud.

Go with your menu preference unless you are going to be dining at a time the fireworks or electric water pageant is happening. Then choose Narcoosee's so you can see.

I will say though that the last time I dined at Narcoosee's (a couple months ago) I was pretty disappointed. The food wasn't prepared very well and the service was grudging. I don't intend to rush back.

Oh DVC~OKW, that's interesting. The last time my family dined there was March (minus one son and me) and my husband wasn't happy with the service either. First time after many meals there. Perhaps the same server. I hope she's gone as we're dining there next month. It's my daughter's (18) favorite dinner spot at WDW.

When we visited last November we were trying to decide one night between Citricos' and Narcoose's. Citricos won, but it was the only time in all the years we'd been dining at WDW that we had a waitperson w/an attitude. We were shocked, as he was not like the rest of 'happy' Disney cast members.

We'd been at MK all day, and were dressed in T-shirts and shorts, and felt out of place. Had we known that people 'dressed up' a little more, we definitely would've done so, and I think it was the feeling of the waiter that we didn't belong there.

Ah well, you live in learn. The absolutely wonderful meal we had made up for the waiter, and we'll eat there again sometime, but this time we'll request someone else if he's our server, and we'll also dress more for the occasion.

Correction..

The last paragraph should have read, 'you live AND learn,' not live in learn'. LOL!

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#993399"size="3">Our family of seven ate at Narcoosse's this past Friday night. Our reservation was for 7:10...we were seated by 7:20 and had a wonderful meal.  I mention the time because just before dessert was served the lights dimmed and the fireworks began.  We went outside to view the fabulous show and after dessert walked over to the boat dock in time to see the water parade.  The food was delicious...when the chef came by to ask if everyone was enjoying their dinner, I asked for a recipe for the squash soup and he brought me a photocopy immediately.  Our server was wonderful.  Our family had a wide array of selections - it was all terrific.  And they make a mean Cosmopolitan at the bar!  I would love to go back on future trips to WDW.</font>
</p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#993399"size="3">By the way, we had a Disney Dining card that was worth the price.  After the initial cost of the card ($70 for FL residents)  it paid for itself after the second evening out. 
</font></p>:p

I think I'd opt for Narcoosee's. Better spot for kids, I think, what with the fireworks view from the porch just outside the restaurant. Citricos has the appearance of being a bit more formal and quiet--tho that may be because it is never very crowded there.
Don't worry too much about what you are wearing if you do decide on Citricos. We eat there all the time in "theme park casual" and have never felt out of place.

I think Narcossee's is less formal and much more family friendly. Citrico's is one of our favorites, service is normally near best on property. Narcoosee's service is hit or miss and quite a bit more noisy.

When you recently dined at Narcoossees, did they still have the music from the new fireworks Wishes piped in to the restaurant ???

I was wondering if you could still hear it from the California grill also???

I have eaten at both within the last year and I think the food at Citricos is much better.

Originally posted by IAMaGR8DISMOM
When you recently dined at Narcoossees, did they still have the music from the new fireworks Wishes piped in to the restaurant ???

<font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#00519C"> yes, they did!</font> ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter