Napping and room checks

Considering Disney’s new security check policy, I would absolutely be in your camp and opt for offsite. With a car you have flexibility. And you can avoid the new resort parking fees too!
It is unfathomable to me why they would disregard your daughter’s napping pattern day after day, once it’s been established. What sense does it make to disturb a sleeping person day after day. What menace are they after here??? It’s not the policy it’s the implementation where they are clueless. Customer service????:sad2::sad2: I don’t think so.
I think it might be powerful for people to tweet these experiences at disney customer service. Disney would have to answer questions publicly and address why they think this policy of not allowing children to nap was promoting security.

Considering Disney’s new security check policy, I would absolutely be in your camp and opt for offsite. With a car you have flexibility. And you can avoid the new resort parking fees too!
It is unfathomable to me why they would disregard your daughter’s napping pattern day after day, once it’s been established. What sense does it make to disturb a sleeping person day after day. What menace are they after here??? It’s not the policy it’s the implementation where they are clueless. Customer service????:sad2::sad2: I don’t think so.
The things is the schedule is fluid based on game scores and weather so there is no set pattern. I get that this makes it difficult for Disney because they can't predict when we will be in the room each day as we often have no clue how our day will flow with so many variables. The whole room security rooms check has actually became such an issue that at our last parent meeting we all suggested to the team manger that we would like to no longer stay on Disney property moving forward. There are other options available with the whole stay and play requirements. (Although, it's still all a racket. As a Florida resident who travels to Orlando a lot I know tons of better deals then we are limited to. Yet, it's all part of the package with youth sports today.)

Last edited:
The more I read about these security checks, the worse it sounds. I totally wasn’t even aware this was happening until today! I hope they’re not just allowing any employee to do these checks, without extensive background checks. This new power that Disney has given its employees to just enter rooms randomly could be abused. This actually makes me feel less safe for myself and my children.

And what happens if the “security check” cast member does Happen to see something questionable? (which it sounds like it would have to be laid out in plain sight for them to notice it while they’re quickly grabbing the trash). The police show up and they can’t search the room without a warrant unless they get one from a judge right?

I’m so confused as to how this is supposed to improve security. Sounds like an invasion of privacy that will wake my sleeping children and put me ill at ease of strangers trying to forceably enter my room.

Are people just latching the door all the time while they’re in their rooms napping now?

The more I read about these security checks, the worse it sounds. I totally wasn’t even aware this was happening until today! I hope they’re not just allowing any employee to do these checks, without extensive background checks. This new power that Disney has given its employees to just enter rooms randomly could be abused. This actually makes me feel less safe for myself and my children.

And what happens if the “security check” cast member does Happen to see something questionable? (which it sounds like it would have to be laid out in plain sight for them to notice it while they’re quickly grabbing the trash). The police show up and they can’t search the room without a warrant unless they get one from a judge right?

I’m so confused as to how this is supposed to improve security. Sounds like an invasion of privacy that will wake my sleeping children and put me ill at ease of strangers trying to forceably enter my room.

Are people just latching the door all the time while they’re in their rooms napping now?
You probably want to go read the thread with much more recent reports of the process. The ones that are 6 months+ old are no longer applicable.

You probably want to go read the thread with much more recent reports of the process. The ones that are 6 months+ old are no longer applicable.
Thanks. I didn’t realize this was so old it was the first one that popped up on my search.

Thanks. I didn’t realize this was so old it was the first one that popped up on my search.
Happens all the time. I've been caught reading a thread, thinking to myself "that's not how it is now" and almost posting a question when I see the date. Sometimes they are years old. I wish they could lock threads that reach X number of days old.
Example https://www.disboards.com/threads/why-is-the-swan-dolphin-not-owned-by-walt-disney-world.1233916/
Can't imagine why someone would revive a thread this old, or why it would be left open to revive in the first place. Unless there's no way to autoclose on this software.

There's a really good/up to date thread stickied at the top

Last edited:

One of the blogs is reporting today that Disney is now selling Do Not Disturb signs. You could try that. Honestly, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

For doors at home? They've had them actually. DGD got one for her room there. We honor it about as well as Disney does, LOL
The signs say "I'm in Parks Mode . . . Come on in" or "I'm in Resorts Mode . . . Don't Disturb," so I wasn't thinking they were for rooms at home. I can't post a link to the article now - it's on the food blog. The article does say that it's a signal for "family members" but that doesn't make sense. How can they "come on in" if you are in "Parks Mode?" Maybe I'm interpreting things incorrectly - I didn't know they had always sold those, but it seems confusing at best lol.

Last edited:
The signs say "I'm in Parks Mode . . . Come on in" or "I'm in Resorts Mode . . . Don't Disturb," so I wasn't thinking they were for rooms at home. I can't post a link to the article now - it's on the food blog. The article does say that it's a signal for "family members" but that doesn't make sense. How can they "come on in" if you are in "Parks Mode?" Maybe I'm interpreting things incorrectly - I didn't know they had always sold those, but it seems confusing at best lol.
Oh yeah, those are different than what we have at home. Strange thing to sell for sure

Oh yeah, those are different than what we have at home. Strange thing to sell for sure
Thanks for clarifying that Disney sells door hangers for rooms at home. I didn’t know that. Still, what an odd thing to publicize given today’s climate!

Just got back from 4 nights at CBR and didn't notice the room checks at any point. We were in the parks fairly often but also spent a few afternoons asleep and some late mornings not leaving until lunchtime.

There’s no issues as long as you let mousekeeping clean your room daily. That counts toward the security check.

When we were there in July, we got up every morning and went to the parks. Our room was cleaned while we were out. We came back at lunchtime every day to nap or swim. We were never disturbed.

People are making more out of this than they need to. I was in a panic before our trip because of everybody overreacting. It’s seriously no big deal.

People are making more out of this than they need to. I was in a panic before our trip because of everybody overreacting. It’s seriously no big deal.
I often think there are some around these parts that get their jollies by creating panics. They are experts at making mountains out of ant hills.

eople are making more out of this than they need to. I was in a panic before our trip because of everybody overreacting. It’s seriously no big deal.

I'm glad to hear - it seemed like the end of the world for some!

Sorry to those who disagree but this is definitely a debatable subject. I do not sleep well and need an afternoon nap while at Disney. We were woken up on two seperate afternoons ( once after calling HK and asking them not to come between 1 and 3 pm) during a short 3 night stay last year. One of the days was really ruined for me . I could not fall back asleep and the rest of the day was just miserable. Disney has got to figure this out.

Sorry to those who disagree but this is definitely a debatable subject. I do not sleep well and need an afternoon nap while at Disney. We were woken up on two seperate afternoons ( once after calling HK and asking them not to come between 1 and 3 pm) during a short 3 night stay last year. One of the days was really ruined for me . I could not fall back asleep and the rest of the day was just miserable. Disney has got to figure this out.

I agree that what some think is no big deal can and is an issue for others. “You can’t understand someone until you walk a mile in their shoes” applies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter