Napa Rose, Chef's Table

Nice Cheri!! I love the pics. Here was our last time at the counter... it was a great time and meal. I can't wait to do it again. We've done regular dining room seating as well, but the chef's counter was way more special.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...-halloween-party.3344654/page-2#post-52995023
LOVE your pictures, Matt! And wow, you really are lucky--you look better now than when you were younger. Wish I could say the same, ha ha! Those little pumpkin sodas were adorable. My sister and I headed out of Napa Rose and over to the big fireplace after our meal. We met this super cool couple there. He turned out to be some retired tech genius from Silicon Valley; they shared some wine with us and we had so much fun laughing and talking. A little TOO much fun, apparently, because we got kicked out of the lobby. Seems there is a noise curfew and we were exceeding it, ha ha. That is SO not like me that I sort of consider it a proud moment.

I've been having such a hard time getting a hold of Napa Rose to book the Chef's Counter experience for next month. Every time I call, it goes to voicemail (yes, I call within their business hours). I've left voice mails and have received a call back, but I work in the evening so am not available when they call back. I usually try to call them on weekends or on my breaks (when I take them at work, which is rarely). Just awful luck. Any tips other than continuous calling? I'm literally willing to spend a couple hundred dollars on this experience, I wouldn't think it would be this hard to give someone my money haha. I'm not going during a peak time, but am starting to get nervous that our date won't be available.
"theluckyrabbit" advise is perfect.
When I called I gave them three different times that would work for our group.
When we were there they had two seating each night, 5:30pm and 8:30pm.

Geemo

LOVE your pictures, Matt! And wow, you really are lucky--you look better now than when you were younger. Wish I could say the same, ha ha!
I was REALLY heavy in those pics. I'm on a weight loss challenge now, so am super grumpy, but want to win the $400 prize and look good for my upcoming 40th bday trip. I love those pictures of you and your sis, they are GREAT.

Those little pumpkin sodas were adorable. My sister and I headed out of Napa Rose and over to the big fireplace after our meal. We met this super cool couple there. He turned out to be some retired tech genius from Silicon Valley; they shared some wine with us and we had so much fun laughing and talking. A little TOO much fun, apparently, because we got kicked out of the lobby. Seems there is a noise curfew and we were exceeding it, ha ha. That is SO not like me that I sort of consider it a proud moment.
Didn't we get in trouble at our last Dapper Day get together by the piano too? I say we are just having fun, let us be!!

I was REALLY heavy in those pics. I'm on a weight loss challenge now, so am super grumpy, but want to win the $400 prize and look good for my upcoming 40th bday trip. I love those pictures of you and your sis, they are GREAT.
What is a weight loss challenge and how do you get $400? Is this something with friends? You don't look like you need to lose weight, but kudos to you! I know about the grumpy thing. I lost 30 lbs last spring and have been good about keeping it off, but man, there was that period of time when grumpy was a kind word for my temperament :D

Didn't we get in trouble at our last Dapper Day get together by the piano too? I say we are just having fun, let us be!!
Oh yeah!! Such rebels :D And we were just having fun, and we weren't bothering anybody. Not sure what they didn't like, but perhaps it was the thermos of tiki rums and not our behavior.

What is a weight loss challenge and how do you get $400? Is this something with friends?
Unoffical work contest (apparently implying people may want to participate pissed people off). I started at 234 and my goal is a first digit of a 1 for my weight by 2/28 when the contest ends. I lost last year's by 0.5% (% of weight loss compared to original weight) so I'm on a MISSION this year.

You don't look like you need to lose weight, but kudos to you!
Thanks, but I'm way heavier than I need to be. My wardrobe is shrinking.

I know about the grumpy thing. I lost 30 lbs last spring and have been good about keeping it off, but man, there was that period of time when grumpy was a kind word for my temperament :D
Working some wine into the diet helps.

Oh yeah!! Such rebels :D And we were just having fun, and we weren't bothering anybody. Not sure what they didn't like, but perhaps it was the thermos of tiki rums and not our behavior.
They were total buzz kills. Who would argue with this dapper lot?

DSC_2337%20(Large).jpg

We do look dapper! I also look so fat, LOL! I'm cringing at my arm cellulite :eek: You going to DD this spring? We have our hotel reserved. I know you have your big birthday shindig--that sounds so amazing!! It's not at the same time as DD, though, right?

ETA: I don't remember if I told you this, but aside from making my dress to look like the gates of Club 33, I also incorporated a tiny vulture into my hat and wore earrings reminiscent of the new chandelier. I was new 33 and Nancy & Leslie were old 33. Of course I prefer old 33, but we thought it would be good if we used different motifs :) It sure was fun.

We do look dapper! I also look so fat, LOL! I'm cringing at my arm cellulite :eek: You going to DD this spring? We have our hotel reserved. I know you have your big birthday shindig--that sounds so amazing!! It's not at the same time as DD, though, right?
My Bday trip is 4 weeks prior. For SURE not taking the kids. Maybe Amy and I can fly out. I'm on an AP till July 6th so just need a ticket for Amy. Wouldn't be bringing the kids though as they will have just been.

ETA: I don't remember if I told you this, but aside from making my dress to look like the gates of Club 33, I also incorporated a tiny vulture into my hat and wore earrings reminiscent of the new chandelier. I was new 33 and Nancy & Leslie were old 33. Of course I prefer old 33, but we thought it would be good if we used different motifs :) It sure was fun.
I remember checking it out and cataloging all the awesomeness of each of your outfits. They were AMAZING!!

When you call, be specific about your date, preferred seating time (and be clear if you are willing to take an alternate time if need be), and number in your party. Note any special needs or celebrations. Ask that someone call you back and leave a message to confirm all your info (including confirmation number) if they get voicemail. Whenever we've done this, we've gotten our reservation. We always call back later to confirm the information.

Thank you! I don't know why I made it out in my head to be a more complicated process than it actually is. I assumed that this was prepaid (I guess because it's a specialty expensive thing like tours, which are prepaid) so I definitely wanted to talk to someone over the phone. Anyway I took your advice and left a voicemail with the aforementioned information and the next day someone called me back when I was off of work so I was able to confirm. Thank you for your advice! My husband and I are really looking forward to this experience in February :dogdance:

Is there a trusted friend, family member, travel buddy, etc that doesn't work in the evening who could just relay your info, desired seating, and party size? Your post reminded me that I had to leave a voice message and wait for a return call as well. Maybe someone else has an alternate booking idea but if possible I'd just designate a pinch hitter to handle the phone booking.

Thank you for the idea! I actually did end up getting a hold of them (finally!) and have it booked for February :flower1:

I was just able to book the Chef's Table yesterday for Saturday, March 17 at 8pm. I kept trying to call and get through to a real person but finally left a voicemail and someone called me back in a couple of hours -- so thanks for that tip!

This will be my second Chef's Table experience with my DH, but two good friends will be joining us and it will be their first time. So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!