Napa Rose, Chef's Table

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
How do you book the special Chef's Table meal at Napa Rose? I cannot find anything about it on the Disneyland website and while it will let me book a reservation at Napa Rose, I am not sure that will give me the chef's table. Do you just book a regular Napa Rose meal and then request Chef's table when you get there?

I think you have to call. It books up almost every night and is a separate price than dining a la carte so you can't just request it when you arrive. You can book up to 60 days in advance.

My first and only meal at NR was an unforgettable one at the chef's table. We are going to DL again this year, and I can't decide if I should go for it again, or just order off the menu--which looks fantastic as well!

Be aware that it is a Chef's Counter (12 seats total), not a table per se. The seats are in sets of 4 (1-4, chef's pass, 5-8, 9-12 are at the dessert counter). The menu is about $100 per person. A wine flight can be added on. It is a fun, memorable experience!

Be aware that it is a Chef's Counter (12 seats total), not a table per se. The seats are in sets of 4 (1-4, chef's pass, 5-8, 9-12 are at the dessert counter). The menu is about $100 per person. A wine flight can be added on. It is a fun, memorable experience!

The dessert bar can actually seat a party of 6. Two sections of 4 overlooking the kitchen and one party of 6 overlooking the dessert ccounter end.

I am not gonna hype it up so availability remains in less demand...it is awful...just go to Bengal BBQ...

...I am not gonna hype it up so availability remains in less demand...it is awful...just go to Bengal BBQ...

LOL!

I had totally forgotten about the last two seats at the dessert counter. Usually when we go, those two seats are empty and we see a party of 4 in seats 9-12. Maybe it is rather a tighter squeeze in that corner?

Last edited:
Maybe it is rather a tighter squeeze in that corner?

Done 6 a few times and it is quite comfortable. There is a slight bend in the counter so it is not like you are all sitting in a line at a sushi bar. Don't know if they would allow it but you could actually squeeze 7 in at the dessert counter down there.

I would call even a little before (maybe even as soon as you know what seating you'd like) and just ask, worst thing they can do is tell you it's not available to book yet. Napa Rose handled this reservation directly for me, not through a central reservation system. I think I made it a few days before 60.

Is that 60 days out from the start of your trip? I'm assuming so but a relative novice to DL. Thanks!
Officially I believe it's 60 days out from the day you want to dine there. Napa Rose doesn't know when your trip is going to start. But like PP said, it's not tied in to the rest of the reservation system, so it's most likely at the discretion of whoever you get on the phone, and there's no harm in trying to book a few days early.

Here is the phone number: 1 (714) 300-7170

We just ate there on Friday. It was so good!!

We are doing it again for my Birthday trip in March (and hopefully SH55, and C33 as well to hit the big 3). What did you guys get? It's been years since I did Chef's table. Wish you guys would talk about it on the podcast a little bit as a review of what you got, how it was, etc. It would be cool if Nancy could have Sutton join as well to hear the feedback ;)

We are doing it again for my Birthday trip in March (and hopefully SH55, and C33 as well to hit the big 3). What did you guys get? It's been years since I did Chef's table. Wish you guys would talk about it on the podcast a little bit as a review of what you got, how it was, etc. It would be cool if Nancy could have Sutton join as well to hear the feedback ;)
I won't tell you what I got since it has been years for me also and the end of the evening is a bit hazy :D I WILL say that we had some menu items and some specialty dishes that weren't on the menu-- I'm not sure they still do that. We did the wine pairing and our guy was extraordinarily generous with the pours. We got to try a lot more than 1 wine per course. I think that was due to the fact that we were the only ones at the Chef's Counter! I don't know why; we did the last booking and there were a few people when we arrived but we were the only ones by halfway through. They started sweeping up the restaurant area which felt a little weird since it wasn't yet closing time, but we were having a fine time by then anyway. I am sure you'll have a fabulous meal, whatever it might be.

I went with my sister. We got dressed up and were quite proper when we started out, but after our server kept plying us with wine, we were pretty...relaxed. For some reason, it seemed like a great idea to use the flower from a vase to put behind my ear.

Attachments

• naparose2.jpg
    naparose2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 28
  • naparose1.jpg
    naparose1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 28
  • naparose3.jpg
    naparose3.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 25
We went in June and our server was Becca. She was amazing! We loved her. The food was also - need I say it again - amazing. The only comparable experiences I have had were Victoria & Albert's at WDW and Ad Hoc in Yountville, CA. I have a lot of pictures but a fuzzy memory, I will try to get those posted later this week. Sooooo so good! Worth every cent.

I won't tell you what I got since it has been years for me also and the end of the evening is a bit hazy :D I WILL say that we had some menu items and some specialty dishes that weren't on the menu-- I'm not sure they still do that. We did the wine pairing and our guy was extraordinarily generous with the pours. We got to try a lot more than 1 wine per course. I think that was due to the fact that we were the only ones at the Chef's Counter! I don't know why; we did the last booking and there were a few people when we arrived but we were the only ones by halfway through. They started sweeping up the restaurant area which felt a little weird since it wasn't yet closing time, but we were having a fine time by then anyway. I am sure you'll have a fabulous meal, whatever it might be.

I went with my sister. We got dressed up and were quite proper when we started out, but after our server kept plying us with wine, we were pretty...relaxed. For some reason, it seemed like a great idea to use the flower from a vase to put behind my ear.
Nice Cheri!! I love the pics. Here was our last time at the counter... it was a great time and meal. I can't wait to do it again. We've done regular dining room seating as well, but the chef's counter was way more special.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...-halloween-party.3344654/page-2#post-52995023

I've been having such a hard time getting a hold of Napa Rose to book the Chef's Counter experience for next month. Every time I call, it goes to voicemail (yes, I call within their business hours). I've left voice mails and have received a call back, but I work in the evening so am not available when they call back. I usually try to call them on weekends or on my breaks (when I take them at work, which is rarely). Just awful luck. Any tips other than continuous calling? I'm literally willing to spend a couple hundred dollars on this experience, I wouldn't think it would be this hard to give someone my money haha. I'm not going during a peak time, but am starting to get nervous that our date won't be available.

I've been having such a hard time getting a hold of Napa Rose to book the Chef's Counter experience for next month. Every time I call, it goes to voicemail (yes, I call within their business hours). I've left voice mails and have received a call back, but I work in the evening so am not available when they call back. I usually try to call them on weekends or on my breaks (when I take them at work, which is rarely). Just awful luck. Any tips other than continuous calling? I'm literally willing to spend a couple hundred dollars on this experience, I wouldn't think it would be this hard to give someone my money haha. I'm not going during a peak time, but am starting to get nervous that our date won't be available.

Is there a trusted friend, family member, travel buddy, etc that doesn't work in the evening who could just relay your info, desired seating, and party size? Your post reminded me that I had to leave a voice message and wait for a return call as well. Maybe someone else has an alternate booking idea but if possible I'd just designate a pinch hitter to handle the phone booking.

When you call, be specific about your date, preferred seating time (and be clear if you are willing to take an alternate time if need be), and number in your party. Note any special needs or celebrations. Ask that someone call you back and leave a message to confirm all your info (including confirmation number) if they get voicemail. Whenever we've done this, we've gotten our reservation. We always call back later to confirm the information.

Love the pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter