Napa and Sonoma - Suggestions Needed

CPT Tripss

Registered
I am making a "last minute" trip, flying into SFO and then driving up to "wine country." We want to stay in the Napa, Sonoma area and are looking for ideas of decent, inexpensive places to stay. I do have bookings that I can cancel, nothing wow.

In addition we are also looking for suggested activities. Are there any "best" wineries to visit? Deals on tastings?

Finally, DW wants to get to "the redwoods" and also the coast. Is that doable in a daytrip from Napa? Suggestions on where to go for this.

There are typically no great "Deals" in Napa. you might try looking for towns further north in Sonoma, like Healdsburg or cloverdale, to see if you can find any deals.

I like Ravenswood and Gundlach Bundshu wineries near the town of Sonoma. I prefer tasting and tours in the Sonoma Valley to Napa, unless you have a lot of cash to burn.

It's a long way to "the redwoods". several hundred miles, probably 4-5 hours one way, to the avenue of the giants, but you could go out the anderson valley in Northern Sonoma County to the Mendicino area and see a lot of redwoods, just not "the redwoods".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter