Nando's Chicken?

seelyt2

DIS Veteran
Hello!
We're making our first trip to London in a few weeks and my teenage daughter is insisting we go to Nandos for their chicken. We're staying in Waterloo but will be touring all over London. I can easily look up where they are, but is there one in particular we should try?

Any other suggestions while we're there?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You will find Nandos all over London, so it might be easier to check out Google Maps when you are out and about to find the nearest one to your current location.

Just so you know, Nandos are a Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken restaurant chain. At the host stand you will be asked how many in your party and the host will bring you to a table and give you menus. When you are ready to order, you take note of your table number and go to the cash desk to order your food and drinks. For soda and water you will be given a glass for the drinks fountain, alcohol, wine and beer will be brought to your table by a server.
You also need to get your knives, forks, napkins and extra condiments from the side area before you return to table

A server will bring your food to the table.

The chicken has 4 levels of hot / spicey. The chicken can be on the bone or boneless. I usually order medium level hot / spicey

Going to Nandos is a very typical thing for teenagers / 20 year olds / 30 year olds. A typical meal for one person can cost under £20 so it is a very affordable meal out. Also they play very funky Portuguese music and it has a very nice atmosphere.

I wouldn't bother going more than once, lots of nicer places to eat in London!

As others have said - they are all pretty much the same bar some stylistic changes to fit locations. I.e. its like asking which McDonalds you should visit, only with more chicken! I guess you could say its very similar to a quick service restaurant at Disney. It’s fairly basic, but tastes decent and is fairly cheap by typical London restaurant standards. I must confess, I have never understood the Nando’s obsession that many seem to have!

Thank you, @BadPinkTink, for describing the ordering process - I would've screwed that up!

And thank you, everyone, for chiming in. I keep asking her what she wants to do and see on this trip and Nandos is all she's saying :sad2:

@RossK I probably won't understand the obsession either. My almost 17 daughter insists we go, and if we're going I wanted it to be a good one. I didn't realize they're all pretty much the same, which is fine with me! It will make it that much easier.

@seelyt2 you are welcome, I have a Nandos Loyalty card so Im used to explaining the process and used the rolled eyes of those who dont get the Nandos obsession :Pinkbounc

BTW, there is no tipping involved, so dont be getting stressed over that. Nandos staff like most in the UK get a proper living wage and dont need to make up their wages like restaurant staff in America have to. Most people dont tip in Nandos, I never do :)

Nando’s is like shake shack, McDonald’s etc- the menu is the same in all of them, and they all taste the same. People seem to be just as obsessed with the phrase “cheeky Nando’s” as they do the food...

I love Nando's! The peri-peri salted chips are soo good. Worth at least one visit for sure. I know there's one around Covent Garden because I visited it for dinner on a solo day out in London and it was great.

There are Nandos in the US. We had them in the place we recently moved from (Annapolis MD area). I miss it. I loved the grilled chicken sandwich in medium with fries and a side of perinaise sauce. The red sangria there is the best I have ever had. I used to love a country salad there but they changed it and it was way better before.

We will be in London next week for the final leg of our tour. There will be a Nandos down the street from our flat. What do y’all recommend we order?

I like the grilled chicken sandwich with medium spice with fries and a perinaise on the side for the fries. I used to get some salad that was sooooo good, country salad or something. And their red sangria is the BEST I have ever had. Now this is off my US Nando's menu. Not sure if London is the same menu. Edit: oops, I already posted this once before. Sorry.

We will be in London next week for the final leg of our tour. There will be a Nandos down the street from our flat. What do y’all recommend we order?

I get
butterfly chicken medium spice level
garlic bread or peas
mash potatoes

or
chicken wrap medium spice level add avaocado
chips (fries)
peas

We were there last week (for the first time) and fell in LOVE with Nandos. I had the half chicken with the mango and lime sauce and the sweet potato chips/fries - it was super good! The second time I had the Super Fuel Salad with chicken and it was amaaaaazing! (Pretend I sang amazing like Oprah, for the full effect - lol!) But seriously, I wish I had a Nandos here in Pennsylvania. It was sooooooooo good!

As others have said - they are all pretty much the same bar some stylistic changes to fit locations. I.e. its like asking which McDonalds you should visit, only with more chicken! I guess you could say its very similar to a quick service restaurant at Disney. It’s fairly basic, but tastes decent and is fairly cheap by typical London restaurant standards. I must confess, I have never understood the Nando’s obsession that many seem to have!
Its a chain. There is so many local ventures you can try. I do not eat fast food. I have no desire to eat Nandos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter