• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nancy's Journal

perfectmatch300

DIS Veteran
I'm not really sure what I want to use this for yet, but I do want to get started somehow, so I'm going to start with exercise.

Today DH & I went to Six Flags New England to kick off out roller coaster riding season. It was pretty crowded there so we didn't get to ride as much as we would have liked, but we walked A LOT!!! I was wishing I had a pedometer because we kept crisscrossing back & forth across the park. The best part for me exercise-wise is that there are several fairly long staircases there that we climbed, & I was amazed to find that I was able to get up them without even puffing! When I first started exercising back in Jan, I couldn't even do my basement stairs without feeling like I was going to die, & today I was able to do 3-4 flights at a time & not even have to stop for breath.

I'm also going to keep an update of my weight loss here because I keep confusing myself with the pre-WISH loss & the WISH loss, & the total loss.

PRE-WISH - 6 lbs
WISH LOSS - 6.5 lbs
TOTAL LOSS TO DATE - 12.5 lbs

Originally posted by perfectmatch300
I was amazed to find that I was able to get up them without even puffing! When I first started exercising back in Jan, I couldn't even do my basement stairs without feeling like I was going to die, & today I was able to do 3-4 flights at a time & not even have to stop for breath.
WOOHOO!!!! Way to go, Nancy!!! :)

Thanks, Karen. That really did feel good. I get discouraged sometimes because I'm not losing weight as fast as I like to, but being able to go up those stairs was progress I could actually see!

Exercise on Sat didn't exist! I was not feeling really well, it was nasty out, & I needed a day off, so that's what I did.

Exercise on Sun was walking about 2 mi with DH & a pretty good amount of housework. We walked the Wallingford linear trail & took about 10 min less than last time even though we included the loop by the lake that we didn't do last time we were there. Back on track with exercise today after my day off, and good on food, too.

Walked 3.4 mi with DH today.

Was surprised at weigh in this AM to have lost .5 lb. :teeth:

That makes 6 lbs lost pre-WISH
7 lbs lost on WISH
Total loss 13 lbs. since 1/6/03! :sunny:

I WANT TO EARN THAT 10 LB CLIPPIE!!!!!!!

Time to catch up on this journal!

Tuesday is bowling day in our family. That means 90 min of throwing a 13 lb ball around! Seroiusly keeping up with DH here is a challenge as usual. See he throws strikes & I don't! With just the 2 of us on the lane, believe me it's exercise. I also did about 15 min with my dumbbells, stretches, & 40 sit-ups. This just got me thinking - I've lost 13 lbs so far - that means I'VE LOST A BOWLING BALL!!!!!

Wednesday is my day off from exercise. I visit a friend in a nursing home after work so I don't get in until late. I did end up doing about 10 min with my dumbbells, though.

Thursday (that's today) DH was sick so I went walking alone. Not nearly as much fun without him but it still felt good to go. Walked around our condo complex & the parking lot at Oakdale (theater ajoining our complex) so I'm not exactly sure on the distance, but based on time walked & what I do know of the distance it was about 2.75 mi.

Todays exercise so far was bowling with DH. we had to pre bowl for the week we will miss while we're on our trip. Although it felt cold when we got there I was glad I was wearing a tee shirt & shorts because with just the 2 of us there, absolutely no socializing, I really worked up a sweat. I was also very happy to be able tho handle my 14 lb ball today, since it's been way too heavy for me for a while.
I'm off to find something else to do for exercize now. It's raining out so maybe my WATP DVD.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter