Name the three 'absolutely cannot miss' things to do/see/experience when visiting DL?

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
...my youngest DS, who is a CM at DHS in WDW, will be visiting DL with 3 of his friends on Monday. They'll only be visiting the parks for either 2 or 3 days [CMs don't pay for entrance into the parks]. What are the top 3 things that should not be missed? Remember, they should be things that only can be seen, eaten, or visited at DL (or instance, they can ride Smuggler's Run at DHS anytime they want, so that wouldn't count)...

Here's a potential list of unique to DLR. Since they have 2-3 days, I've broken the rule about just 3 things. :) There are several rides better at Disneyland than WDW, but since they are similar I'll leave them off this list.

Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers. Must do.
Indy. Same vehicles as Dinosaur at AK but SO much better.
Finding Nemo Subs
Mr Toads Wild Ride
Matterhorn
Storybookland Canal Boats
Alice

Here's a potential list of unique to DLR. Since they have 2-3 days, I've broken the rule about just 3 things. :) There are several rides better at Disneyland than WDW, but since they are similar I'll leave them off this list...
....I think that PotC and SM are better, along with GotG is better than ToT at DHS.

Dr. G's list is great.

I'd also add Web Slingers at DCA (especially if they are Marvel fans), and the Railroad at DL. The Primeval World/Dinosaur section of the railroad is so cool. It's just after the Tomorrowland station.

I would say Pirates, Alice in Wonderland, and the Railroad if I have to list three only. There is something so magical about the train to me.

Radiator Springs is also incredible and would be a close 4th place.

RSR
Alice
Fantasmic (I don’t like WDW Fantasmic but DLR Fantasmic is awesome!

The train is awesome too ! Stop in New Orleans Square to get beignets and mint juleps!! Or at Cafe Orleans to get bottomless ones with your monte cristo and fries !!

I realized I totally missed the things to be seen and eaten as well:

For shows, Tales of the Lion King at DL (theatre near It's a Small World) and Dr Strange show at DCA (Ancient Sanctum).

For food, the fried chicken at Plaza Inn (DL), quesabirria tacos at Cocina Cucamonga (DCA).

Haunted Mansion Holiday #1 without a doubt! The other 2 are tougher...I feel like I have to say Pirates just to see how much better it is. And then probably RSR. Runners-up: Alice, WEB Slingers...maybe GotG after dark. Incredicoaster at night is very cool too. And they must see the Electrical Parade, Fantasmic and World of Color.

Looking at a combination of thrills and theming, I'd say:

1. Guardians -- while it's not my absolute favorite ride at the two parks, it's close to the top and 4 out of 4 kids on a recent trip ranked it as their far and away favorite.
2. Radiator Springs Racers.
3. Indy

Since Matterhorn is currently in refurbishment, that's out of contention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter