Name a feel-good movie to pass the time :)

I totally agree with the Mamma Mia mentions.... probably my favorite movie. (I try to forget about the sequel)

I will throw in Grease, haven't seen that one mentioned yet. (I know the sequel is actually like some kind of cult classic, but it is another sequel I did not like)

Pitch Perfect... the original was one of my all time favorites. (the sequels were just a bit silly unfortunately)

A number of the ones I would have said are already listed, so I will add Silver Linings Playbook

I loved The Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Do you want modern or throwback? I love some of the old Disney comedy/family movies: Pollyanna, Parent Trap (original), Apple Dumpling Gang, Pete's Dragon, etc.

Loved Hunt for the Wilderpeople! I have loved Sam Neill since the mid-80's!

Return to Me is a great feel good movie. One of my top favorite movies all together!

Planes Trains and Automobiles. Sweetest. Movie. Ever. :lovestruc
The Hunt for the Wilderpeople. You can thank me later for this one. ;)

Clearly I must live in a cave, because I've never even heard of The Hunt for the Wilderpeople. I'll have to put that on the list and check it out when we have the opportunity.

Clearly I must live in a cave, because I've never even heard of The Hunt for the Wilderpeople. I'll have to put that on the list and check it out when we have the opportunity.
It's what my cinephile DS calls a "small film" out of New Zealand. He had to cajole me to see it but it might just actually be one of my favorite movies of all time. :goodvibes Give it a go - you won't be disappointed.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hunt_for_the_wilderpeople

Thanks, I had looked it up based on your post and saw the very high rating. I was completely oblivious to this one.
:laughing: Had it not been for my DS having an subscription to one of those artsy-type of theaters that hipsters go to, I wouldn't have known of it either. Pretty sure it did not get mainstream release here in North America.

That Thing You Do. A great movie about a one hit wonder band in the 60s.

Love that movie! I thought I was the only one.

Another Tom Hanks-directed movie that I like and think is underrated: Larry Crowne (with a cast that includes Julia Roberts, Taraji P. Henson, Bryan Cranston, George Takei and a young Rami Malek as stoner and fellow classmate Steve Dibiasi). Very much a feel-good movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!