mypoints.com - anyone here use it?

DTDkettleCORNfan

DIS Veteran
Someone posted something about mypoints.com in another section of disboards, as a way to earn gift cards to use for travel. I had never heard about this website before. I would love to earn a gift card to Rainforest Cafe, since we always eat there the night we arrive in Anaheim for our annual DL trip.

Can anyone comment on this website? I don't do too much online shopping, but I would be willing to do surveys. I also don't want to give out my credit card number (unless I was using it to make a purchase at a reputable website, such as nordstrom.com, etc.)

To earn a $25 Rainforest Cafe gift card, I would have to earn 3600 points. I was looking at Old Navy (4 points per dollar) and Target (up to 8 points per dollar), since that is where is shop online most often. But there is no way I'll spend $900 at Old Navy before our next DL trip at the end of the year.

How many points to the surveys earn? If I won't earn at least 3600 points before December than I would rather not bother registering at all.

Can any mypoints fans - or haters ;-) - out there comment?

I love Mypoints, I have been using them for years and have cashed out several RFC gift cards over the years. I currently have 7000 points and that's only from December. I did shop through the site for some Christmas shopping so earned some points that way. Pretty much every day I get at least one, usually more, email offers. I never sign up for any of them, just click on the button to earn 5 points for reading the email. Those daily points add up quickly.

I also try and qualify for the surveys they send. I do lots of other survey sites and have found that most of the surveys Mypoints sends I don't usually qualify for, but the ones I do qualify for award a fair amount of points for the time I spend, IMO. They usually range from 50 points up to around 250 from what I have seen. You have to make sure you have your settings set so you allow them to send the email offers to you. For a long time I only shopped through the site and didn't realize they sent point offers through email as often as they do.

I think it's totally worth it and not a lot of work. You can check out their site and do "easy offers" which usually consist of answering some easy questions and getting points for them. If you download their search bar you also can earn points every month that way. They really add up quick! :thumbsup2

Also, as far as entering your credit card info -- if you are going to make a purchase at Target, you go to the list of stores on Mypoints, click on Target, and the Mypoints site takes you directly to Target's site. So you enter your CC info on Target's site just as you normally would. Also, I made a folder to keep track of any purchases I made through Mypoints, it makes it easier to keep track of what points you actually get credit for. There have been a couple of times over the years that I had to email them because I didn't get points I should have. They have always been great about responding and crediting the points, you just have to email them the order info from your confirmation.

They must have recently increased the amount of points you need for the RFC gift cards -- they used to be 3500 points!

Thanks Kayla's Mom! That sounds great. I have 7 and a half months before our DL trip, so just getting 5 points a day for reading emails from mypoints will give me over 1000 points! I think I'll sign up. The end of the year is always when we spend the most (with our Disneyland trip and Christmas). Any little bit will help. Thanks so much for the info!

I have been a member since 2000, and have earned over 306,000.00 points.I do pretty much all of my shopping except groceries online. They are great to work with. My big points come from Lancome, Barnes and Nobel, and Overstock.

Ooooooo.....Barnes & Noble. Don't temp me!!! 306,000 points? That is fantastic! I love that when I shop online I use my Disney Visa.....so now I'll earn Disney rewards dollars and mypoints points! How can my husband argue with that? ;-)

Another mypoints fan here! Right now they also are running a daily thing, where you "spin the wheel" (basically hit a button and a wheel spins around w/ various point values). You may win bonus points that way as well!

Also on the site, check out the frogpond section. If you visit the featured websites and then write a review about them, mypoints will award you 25 points. :thumbsup2

If you are a coupon person, you can also print-out coupons from the site and that gets you points.

And just so you know, I generally get anywhere between 4 - 8 emails each day, some are just advertisements but the majority are for points or surveys. The points can add up fast if you stay focused! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

A question about printing coupons....do you only get points when you actually redeem the coupons? I printed out two coupons and there are a ton of barcodes on them. So if I use these at walmart mypoints will somehow find out and credit me 20 points?

A question about printing coupons....do you only get points when you actually redeem the coupons? I printed out two coupons and there are a ton of barcodes on them. So if I use these at walmart mypoints will somehow find out and credit me 20 points?

I think that is the case, I saw an email that said something about getting points for printing and redeeming coupons. I printed out a few and didn't get any points, so I think they know once they are scanned. :goodvibes

I use mypoints. It's ok not great. Some of the shopping offers I get more back going through my credit card sites.

The surveys take a long time, and if don't qualify you get much less points. Some will reject you really quite some take almost as long as a full survey and reject you.

Since I don't live in an urban area it took me forever to think of a gift card that I could use. Then I was going to WDW so I got the Landry's card for TRex/Rainforest cafes. It took the full 6 weeks to arrive, the day after I got back. I ended up giving it to a friend going to vegas.

Since I don't live in an urban area it took me forever to think of a gift card that I could use. Then I was going to WDW so I got the Landry's card for TRex/Rainforest cafes. It took the full 6 weeks to arrive, the day after I got back. I ended up giving it to a friend going to vegas.

Wow, I have cashed out several gift cards over the years and I have always received them within 2 weeks.

ETA: I bet it took so long because you are out of the country.

I usually redeem for Amazon or Itunes. both are so easy to add giftcards to your pre-set electronic payment.....and we always use them up !

Wow, I have cashed out several gift cards over the years and I have always received them within 2 weeks.

ETA: I bet it took so long because you are out of the country.

I don't know what gives you that idea, I live in the rockies. I go to the post office about 3 or 4 days a week to check my mail. Netflix takes about 3 to 6 days to turnaround. It was something with the mypoints processing.

I don't know what gives you that idea, I live in the rockies. I go to the post office about 3 or 4 days a week to check my mail. Netflix takes about 3 to 6 days to turnaround. It was something with the mypoints processing.

My apologies, I must have been thinking of another poster. Good to know that it may take that long to get a gift card from them. I wouldn't be very happy if my card didn't arrive before my trip because I cut it too close! :goodvibes

I just reached my first year with My Points. took me all year to get about 8000 points. Just redeemed for a $50 gift card. It takes very little time to earn points. I rarely get anywhere on the surveys, just the minimum points for trying. I've learned to go through them to order anything online (EBay, Restaurants.com, etc) to get more points.
The coupons you print through their site gives you points at the end of the month if you redeem, I think, 10 during that month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter