***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but you can move your next FP+ time closer now that the FP in front of it has been used as long as there is availability. For example we booked the princesses back to back. Rapunzel 9-10 then Cinderella 10-11. Once we use rapunzel FP we can then move Cinderella to a closer time so we don't have to wait until the 10 to see her it might be able to be changed to 9:15 or 9:30 :goodvibes

I did this with my FP+ on my trip in August and it worked out great :thumbsup2

without a smartphone, how do you to that?

For shipping, it's supposed to be 10 days, according to the early info and what the TAs were apparently told more recently...that's what the argument was about...everyone lately has said they had until 30 days...

When i first read of overnight shipping and the 10 day thing i was amazed.

30 days to ship makes more sense for the long term i think. And if we're getting close to the point when they 'throw the big switch' to live then i suppose we are seeing the conversation to 'live'. I'd imagine next step is the shipping stops being overnight and becomes some flavor of ground.

Overnight shipping is a small fortune- so eventually they'll need to switch to ground- and that could be up to a week or so. Also- people don't always fly straight from home to Disney's doorstep. Some might drive or make a vacation stop along the way. So shipping sooner than later makes sense- at least for those people with existing reservations.

I am so disappointed. We are arriving next Friday 10/4 to Saratoga Springs so we will not be able to participate in the magic bands and fastpass + because the hotel is not participating until the end of this month. I called to see if there was anything that can be done since we are DVC members but no luck. I wished that they thought about the DVC members when testing this. The MDE rep suggested that I move to another hotel and I told her that it is not possible and that we had this booked 11 months ago.

Has anyone be able to get the magic bands once you arrive there?

I am so disappointed. We are arriving next Friday 10/4 to Saratoga Springs so we will not be able to participate in the magic bands and fastpass + because the hotel is not participating until the end of this month. I called to see if there was anything that can be done since we are DVC members but no luck. I wished that they thought about the DVC members when testing this. The MDE rep suggested that I move to another hotel and I told her that it is not possible and that we had this booked 11 months ago.

Has anyone be able to get the magic bands once you arrive there?

I'm not sure what you mean by wishing "they thought about the DVC members". Of COURSE they are thinking of the DVC members, just like all the other guests. 90% of the guests at SSR are probably DVC members, and the resort IS being brought online. DVC members staying at AKV and BCV are already using it. ALL the resorts are being added on a schedule. It's too bad that you'll miss it, but that's the schedule.

New question. If my DD5 has FP+ for repunzal, and I do not what happens? Obviously she can't wait in line alone, but I don't want to 'waste' my FP+ when I could use it for space mountain, which she can't ride. Anyone have official answer? Theoretical guess? Willing to test it for me? We arrive in 8 days!

New question. If my DD5 has FP+ for repunzal, and I do not what happens? Obviously she can't wait in line alone, but I don't want to 'waste' my FP+ when I could use it for space mountain, which she can't ride. Anyone have official answer? Theoretical guess? Willing to test it for me? We arrive in 8 days!

I don't see a problem. Your DD has the FP+, she is the one wanting to see Rapunzel. You, as a responsible parent, are just chaperoning her through the line. :thumbsup2

DrDoodle said:

I do not have an official answer but I am pretty sure you would also need a FP+. If you have another adult you can use child swap for Space Mountain and use your FP+ for the princess. Thats what I plan to do anyway but obviously that wouldnt work with only one adult.

I don't see a problem. Your DD has the FP+, she is the one wanting to see Rapunzel. You, as a responsible parent, are just chaperoning her through the line. :thumbsup2

It doesn't work like that, or at least it didn't in the past. Everyone entering the fp line must have a fp.

great thread!! I can't believe we're just 17 days out from going and trying out our Magic Bands for ourselves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter