My Wedding is on August 24, 2001 at 10:00am - and some info on Disney Weddings

Lorana

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

My Disney Fairy Tale Wedding is on August 24, 2001 at 10:00am at the Wedding Pavilion in WDW.

Our Reception is going to be held at the Boardwalk, and will be themed to "A Midsummer Night's Dream" - an appropriate theme, we feel, to our Fairy Tale Wedding. :) The day will end with a Private Illuminations Dessert Party at the UK Lower Terrace.

We are having a Custom Wedding with 37 guests attending, and have several days of fun activities planned, starting with a Welcome Dinner at O'Hana's and ending with a Character Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table.

We'll be honeymooning in Disney for 12 nights - staying at the Polynesian, the Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savannah view), the Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon Room, and Coronado Springs. We will then be ending our honeymoon with the 3-Night Disney Cruise.

For those who are unfamiliar with Disney Weddings, they have three basic wedding packages - the Custom, the Intimate, and the Add-On packages - though they really only advertise the Custom and the Intimate package.

The Intimate Wedding Packages start around $3334 for outdoor locations ($3984 for the Wedding Pavilion), and include 4 Nights Accommodations at a Deluxe Resort, Ultimate Park Hopper Passes, officiant, flowers, music, wedding cake, champagne, a special gift, a wedding certificate signed by Mickey & Minnie, a romance amenity package, and dinner for 2. The Intimate Packages are limited to 8 or less guests (at an additional cost of $75 per adult, and $55 per child). Any more than that, and you need to have a Custom Wedding.

The Add-On Package is the same as the Intimate package, minus the hotel & passes. This is great for Annual Passholders, or for people who can find better rates on their own.

The Custom Wedding Package allows you to do as little or as much as you want, and go as nuts on planning your wedding as you desire. It is exactly what it says it is - "Custom." You decide what you want and don't want. And trust me, if you can dream it, Disney can probably do it. But don't forget that some dreams have a hefty price tag. For example, if you want to get married in the Magic Kingdom, it starts at $45,000 minimum expenditure.

The Custom Package requires you to spend a minimum of $7500 on your wedding for weddings held Mon-Thurs, and $10,000 for weddings held Fri-Sun. You also need to spend a minimum of $75 per person for food & beverage (yes, this does include alcohol) for events beginning prior to 2:00pm, and $100 per person for events beginning after 2:00pm. But otherwise, you can reach this minimum any which way you want. The choices are up to you.

The Custom Wedding package does give your guests a break, too. As a result of having a Custom Wedding, you are able to block rooms at up to 3 resorts (you choose) at a discounted rate. Your guests also get access to specially discounted Wedding Passes to the parks.

If you want some more information, just ask! Or visit Disney's Official Fairy Tale Weddings website at http://www.disneyweddings.com
Or visit the Unofficial Disney Wedding Guide at http://www.yourfairytale.com (formerly http://www.getawayweddings.com ), run by Andrea. Andrea also runs the Disneymooners email list that I am part of.

Hope this helps! :)

Hey Michelle! It's Elisabeth from the DM list. I still can't wait to see your pictures! I think having a themed reception is a great idea. I heard that someone did a Titanic themed reception once--that must've been so neat.
--Elisabeth

Wow, a private illuminations! I'll be on my honeymoon in WDW that day. I'll definitely stop over and wave!

That sounds wonderful! I saw a private dessert party being set up in Epcot in June. It looked so elegant! I can't wait to hear all about your wedding! Congrats!

:D

Can't wait to hear about your wedding!!! My wedding was at the wedding pavilion and reception at the BW in February 2000. What a wonderful time we had! People are still talking about how good the food and cake was!! Have fun!!!

Best of luck to you. Your plans sound so magical. Enjoy your special day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!