My very first TR-aka the one where the trip was way more fun than the title...

I am happy to hear that Betty is feeling better and that you vet was able to pinpoint the issue. It is so had emotionally and physically when one of your babies, including "furbabies" is having a health issue.

The photo you took of the boat dock is lovely. I can see why that place has such special memories for you. It is nice that you were able to visit the area and have a special moment feeling that close connection to your father. I am sorry for your loss.

PARTY TIME!!!

mmtzq0A.jpg

After Epcot we headed back to the hotel to try and squeeze in a nap and to get changed and ready for the party. With the heat like it was after showering, sleeping was not a problem and we both woke up feeling like a million bucks. For the party Derrick had chosen to go as Garbage Man Sid from TS and had suggested I dress up like Darla from FN. I had worked hard on both our costumes and was excited to be able to show them off. For Darla I had ordered a skirt, knee socks, snap on collar and purple t-shirt from Amazon, an iron on decal from Etsy and I had found a wind up Nemo on clearance from Target. I made the braces from craft wire and fashioned Nemo's bag from a roll of plastic we had and some tulle I used on a wreath. Derricks costume was pretty much straight up Ebay/Amazon except for the headphones-we could only find ear protectors, so I added an antennae and dial, so he could rock out to some sweet music. I wore my hair in pig tails and Derrick wore a Halloween mullet wig I cut down to give him the sweep of bangs that Sid had.​

9WS64X0.jpg

After our first party experience we knew we didn't need to be at MK for 4 pm so we dawdled a little getting ready and arriving at the park. Walking onto the Ferry was fun seeing everyone else in party mode and I got a lot of positive reactions to my costume. We grabbed our wristbands and orange bird cards and then proceeded down Candy Alley. We stopped again several times for the Photo Pass and lucked out with no flaming pumpkin photos, only the poison apple magic shot. It was only 5:20 by now so we were able to grab a FP for Buzz Lightyear and then rode PM around Tomorrowland while we decided what we wanted to do.​

fcVGR2e.jpg

Just doing what Galactic Heroes do Best

We wanted to meet Stitch and could see from the PM that his line wasn't crazy busy, yet. So, we headed off to the attraction formerly known as Stitch's Great Escape to wait for the party to begin. Because Stitch was meeting inside the started around 6:30 and by 7:06 we were up to meet the Little Elvis himself.

haNotgM.jpg

Great start to a great party

He was adorable, and we had such a good time-he is one of my very favorites and I loved getting to see him dressed up and having a good time. Next up we wanted to head back down Main Street and back outside to get the Headless Horseman Magic Shot as well as one with the pumpkins and Cinderella's castle.​

RoIAXiV.jpg

Surprised to see this guy out here

We detoured for a few more magic shots and decided to go and meet the Mouse himself. By now Derrick was a little disappointed as people weren't recognizing him as Garbage Man Sid but strangers were shouting Hey Darla! Across the crowds at me. Upon meeting MM I explained that my poor fishy was sleeping and he got a kick out of that. But when we explained who Derrick was supposed to be -he was so tickled with it, he did an honest to goodness knee slapping motion so hey if Mickey likes it you know the costume is pretty darn good, right?

D0hDcXR.jpg

Mickey cracking up at Derrick

And as we were leaving the CM gave us some candy and did a double take and proceeded to dump handfuls into my bag-he told me my costume was his favorite

Next up we headed to the front of MK for our Magic Shots and then back inside for our Castle Shots. It was starting to get dark and poor Derrick was having a hard time seeing thru his tinted shades. We called break time and headed to Starbucks for the Not-So-Poison Apple Cupcake.​

ntVuCTh.jpg

OMG-I remembered to take a food picture-the CM wrote Darla as my name

I had read the reviews and needed to have that in my life. It was every bit as amazing as I had hoped it would be. We grabbed ourselves a curb to sit down on and enjoy. The cupcake itself was huge and had a dome of frosting on top. We finished it off in no time and gave ourselves a sugar high in the process. I have to say it was probably one of the tastiest treats I have had at MK. We had about an hour before the parade started so we figured we would head over to the HM and enjoy some of Lady Renata's antics again. This second party was so much less crowded than the first one and we decided to hop in the line for the lantern shot at HS as it seemed to be moving along quickly.

kLbC63w.jpg

I don't know if it was the brightness of Derrick's vest or what, but he got called out by the Lady of the Manor and after discovering who he was supposed to be said she knew him and he did some bad things to toys. It was cute and made us all laugh. Still ahead of schedule we decided to try and find the grave diggers as they were another photo op we had missed. I enjoyed asking them if they could help me out with my sleeping fish and they seemed very interested as to what I had in the bag and more than willing to help me dig out of my problem.​

csVY39K.jpg

Getting some tips on what to do with sleeping fishes...

Finally, it was parade time and we wanted to get there to see the Headless Horseman which we managed, and we even got a really good unobstructed view. I feel like we returned to POTC after this, but I don't have it in my Photo Pass memories, so I am not sure. Since we were flying out the next day we decided to forgo the trick or treating especially since the crackdown on flying with candy-I nearly got strip searched for flying with a bag of M&M's this summer out of St Louis so trust me I didn't want to have to go thru that again.

kasoBs6.jpg

Selfie with Lady Renata-this made my night

Since the crowd levels seemed low we thought we would head over to the Big Top and try and get our pictures with Minnie and Daisy in their costumes. Once arriving the CM's seemed nervous and a lot of chatter seemed to be coming thru their headsets. A large thunderstorm was approaching rapidly, and they warned us that at any time they would pull the characters for their own safety. Well wouldn’t you know we were the next family up when they decided to head for cover. The wind had picked up and I didn't blame them one bit. We thought that maybe the storm was our cue to head back to the hotel anyway, but Derrick wanted to do SM one more time in the dark-and trust me if Derrick said he will voluntarily ride a coaster I have to oblige. I have managed to convince him to ride almost all of them except for R&R and I am not giving up until he knows the pure joy of that one. SM was basically a walk on when we got out there was no rain to had so we grabbed a seat on the benches and enjoyed the fireworks from that spot.​

dARulFZ.jpg

Just happy to be at Disney

It was a super fun party and I am not going to lie I loved all the smiles I was getting when people saw me dressed up as Darla. Some even started chuckling, I played it up to the fullest and tried to become the evilest 9yo I could be. Derrick was a little sad no one immediately recognized him but my favorite part of the night was when someone yelled out "Hey Matt-the Radar Tech" and I was so bummed we didn't think to dress him as that-I love SNL and that skit is one of my very favorites.

Vk35rmS.jpg

Matt gave our costumes a Big Thumbs UP!!!

Next up:

Do you want to go to Epcot?

Come on, let's go and spend the day!

We can eat foods from everywhere

I'll even let you pick some and be fair!

I need my cutting board -don’t DELAY..

I am happy to hear that Betty is feeling better and that you vet was able to pinpoint the issue. It is so had emotionally and physically when one of your babies, including "furbabies" is having a health issue.

The photo you took of the boat dock is lovely. I can see why that place has such special memories for you. It is nice that you were able to visit the area and have a special moment feeling that close connection to your father. I am sorry for your loss.
Thank you. One of my favorite things about Disney is all the wonderful memories I get to revisit and all the new ones I make every time we go.
And an update Betty is one month with the new diet and doing Fantastic :dog:

Since we were flying out the next day we decided to forgo the trick or treating especially since the crackdown on flying with candy-I nearly got strip searched for flying with a bag of M&M's this summer out of St Louis so trust me I didn't want to have to go thru that again.

What? I've never heard of this - what's going on with flying with candy?? I flew over the summer and for sure had candy in my bag and never heard anything about it.

What? I've never heard of this - what's going on with flying with candy?? I flew over the summer and for sure had candy in my bag and never heard anything about it.
This summer when we flew out of St Louis I had a bag of M&M's that I had picked up to eat on the plane and when my bag went thru the security chute I got pulled aside and they had to go thru EVERYTHING! and the lady said it was the candy that set it off. So now I am paranoid about flying with food and when we were flying out of MCO they made us remove any food which was a first for us so I don't know if they are cracking down or what but we left all our trick or treat goodies for the housekeeping at our hotel.

I am so sorry I really wanted to get this finished before we leave tomorrow for our Disney trip, however my computer is having other thoughts and I am having problems posting pictures. So I promise to take lots of notes on this trip so I can fill you in on all the details of our Insane Christmas week trip-not sure what we are thinking but its going to be FUN!!!

Last edited:
I am so sorry I really wanted to get this finished before we leave tomorrow for our Disney trip, however my computer is having other thoughts and I am having problems posting pictures. So I promise to take lots of notes on this trip so I can fill you in on all the details of our Insane Christmas week trip-not sure what we are thinking but its going to be FUN!!!
How long are you going to be in Disney for?

Enjoy your trip.

I'm jumping in and caught up! Looking forward to reading more about this trip and your Christmas trip!

Yes you read that correct it was like a 20min wait for candy-let me tell you we skipped this line and made our way over to see Pirate Goofy and chastise him for what he had done to The Barnstormer sign.

This was our experience at the Halloween party last year - after waiting in 2 ridiculously long lines for a few pieces of candy, we gave up on trick-or-treating altogether.

I have to say I thought the whole thing was fun and Gunpowder Pete kind of popped out in his scene and startled us. I often complain that WDW doesn't do as much as some of the other parks so it was nice to see them step it up and try something different.

I love reading about this addition! We hope to go to MNSSHP next year and I hope they keep the live actors.

When Derrick and I aren't going to Disney we like baseball and are slowly visiting every MLB park

My dad collects ballparks too! Our trips growing up were always to a city where my dad hadn't been to the ballpark yet. It's a fun way to explore new cities!

I had downloaded the Play App on my phone and other than checking out some songs and badge achievement we really hadn't done much with it. In the que they had advertisements for it, so I pulled out my phone and loaded up the app. Sixty minutes has never gone by so quickly. We played round after round of the SDD game and I am sure people in line near us were probably wondering just what in the world we were doing. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone planning on waiting in line. There was a nice variety of games that was so much more enjoyable than standing in line not engaging with your group.

I downloaded the Play app before our trip last month and completely forgot to even check it out! It sounds like fun, I will need to remember that for next time.

Upon meeting MM I explained that my poor fishy was sleeping and he got a kick out of that.

Your costumes are awesome! And this is hilarious... what a fun character to be for the night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter