My Universal Photo Packages

I'd like to know as well. We're heading to Universal on Friday and I'm not sure I want to pay $89 for 3 days, as we're planning an additional trip later this year...

Awesome news! I've been waiting for a special. Two year ago, I bought the Mardi Gras promotion, but I haven't seen one lately.

So grateful for this special. Like so many others we had to cancel our March trip. We moved it to May but our photopass expires before we go. Now even if we have to move to December we are covered. Whew!

We cancelled our March trip as well, but had considered the regular for 3 day pass. It was a bit more than I was wanted to spend, but the 5 day deal looks like it will be perfect for our next visit...

Does anyone know if the 5 day spring special deal for $79 which includes 1 5x7, 1 8x10, 1 Shutterbuttons video and 1 Rockit video, is the Shutterbuttons video on a DVD - the same as the Shutterbuttons DVD that is offered in the regular 3 day Shutterbuttons package for $139.99? Or is it just 1 video? And what is the Rockit video that is included in the 5 day spring special?

Does anyone know if the 5 day spring special deal for $79 which includes 1 5x7, 1 8x10, 1 Shutterbuttons video and 1 Rockit video, is the Shutterbuttons video on a DVD - the same as the Shutterbuttons DVD that is offered in the regular 3 day Shutterbuttons package for $139.99? Or is it just 1 video? And what is the Rockit video that is included in the 5 day spring special?
We had a similar special from Black Friday last year. Our shutterbuttons was the DVD of everything they had us do with the green screen, and the video was also available to be seen in our account on the app. The rockit video is just a DVD of one of the on ride videos that they take when you ride rip ride rockit. So if you have more than 2 people in your party or ride multiple times you have to pick one. I don’t think I ever looked at ours. For shutterbuttons, the best part was the photos which I presume is why they give you the video for “free” (included). I wonder what percentage of people don’t buy any photos and only take the included video? Everyone we saw buying while we waited (which were only a few, we didn’t wait long) bought at least 2 photos, and we bought 2.

We had a similar special from Black Friday last year. Our shutterbuttons was the DVD of everything they had us do with the green screen, and the video was also available to be seen in our account on the app. The rockit video is just a DVD of one of the on ride videos that they take when you ride rip ride rockit. So if you have more than 2 people in your party or ride multiple times you have to pick one. I don’t think I ever looked at ours. For shutterbuttons, the best part was the photos which I presume is why they give you the video for “free” (included). I wonder what percentage of people don’t buy any photos and only take the included video? Everyone we saw buying while we waited (which were only a few, we didn’t wait long) bought at least 2 photos, and we bought 2.

So you get a free video from Shutterbuttons but have to actually pay extra for photos?

So you get a free video from Shutterbuttons but have to actually pay extra for photos?
Yes, the video is what is included for free. They do the photos, but if you want them they were $25 each. I’m pretty sure they $25 is a discount off of the regular price if you would just do it all in your own. I think we had 6 photos done and bought 2, they were really cool and are the photos everyone comments on when they see any vacation photos.

ETA at least this is how it went with our package in December, it sounds like it was the same thing.

I ended up just creating a new account to purchase - could not log into my previous one.
No way to reset password. No error on Login.
Hope the app and service is better

Does anyone know if they will be extending the annual photo passes equal to the number of days the park will be shutdown? I know this was rumored as possible for the annual park passes. Not sure if the photo passes would be under the same situation since Universal does not control the photo passes.

I emailed customer service to ask about if they were going to extend the annual photo pass similar to what Universal is doing for season pass holders once the parks open again. Here is their response:

"We currently do not have a final word on how this will be handled but please be assured that current active packages will be extended and you will be taken care of. Once the parks announce when they will be resuming operations, we will have more information."

We are travelling to Universal in June 21

If we purchase now will it still work?
That seems to be the case. It starts when you activate it.
That beings said they tend to run specials throughout the year - usually black Friday is a good time to buy.

This is the first special they have run so far this year - they used to run specials pretty often, but this is the first one this year. I woudn't bet on them offering a Black Friday Special

They have stated that they will continue the sale until the parks open - even if you aren't planning to go till 2021 I would still purchase now (if you are ABLE) - it will still be valid next year - it doesn't expire :)

Sorry if it's been asked by anyone already, but does anyone know if they're doing anything for people who have packages already activated (I bought a one year one back in November) who can't go to the parks during all of quarantine closures?

Contact UO for their policy

Since you have November to use your package, I would think their system for covid would be thorough at that time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter