My Universal Photo Packages

Bethany, did you find a release?

I asked My Universal Photos (through FB messenger) yesterday about a release so I can get the photos printed at Costco. The last two times I tried to print Disney photos at Costco, I had to bring in the release. MUP replied back "Our photos are not allowed to be printed at other retail locations. We do not have permission from the Universal properties to allow that. Sorry. "

I'm hoping I can still get some photos printed at Walmart maybe. I know my Costco will not print without a release.

I was able to get my sams to print them. In fact I had a canvas done of the volcano as they were on sale and it happens to match my decor on one of our rooms. Do you have access to a different costco? If not, I'd go online and do them. I have used photo affections via groupon for our Christmas cards and have been pleased with the quality.

Universal newbie question: if you don't purchase the photo package in advance, do they give you a card with a link to your photos in case you would like to purchase a few like Disney's does?

Universal newbie question: if you don't purchase the photo package in advance, do they give you a card with a link to your photos in case you would like to purchase a few like Disney's does?
Yes. You'll be able to collect photos throughout the day and look at them and decide if you'd like to purchase. If you don't have the package, you must access/buy the pictures by the end of the day; they erase the database overnight.

I am guessing this one price will cover our entire group? If we split up can we request two separate cards to be scanned? Where do we check in to receive the photopass cards?
One package for the group. The little cards that you scan or hand to the photographers get connected to your photo account - you can connect multiple cards, for splitting up or if you forget the card one day or whatever.

You can get the cards almost anywhere - the photographers carry them, or the photo store at the front where you activate the account, or at the ride photo counter.

Our first park day is planned for Volcano Bay. Do we need to activate first thing in the morning to get our photos for that day or can we wait until the afternoon to activate and still get any pictures taken before that?

Does USO offer any other photo package options in the parks, other than the 2 listed online (we aren't doing Volcano Bay)? We will be staying there for a week, but doing 4 park days. We would have been happy to purchase the 3 day option, but you have to use it on 3 consecutive days, & we plan to break up our park days, so that won't work.

When are you going? If it is not for a while, follow their Facebook page and see what specials come up and if they'd work for you.

For instance these were the summer specials that were available:
-5 Day MUP Digital Package - $59.99
5 Consecutive Days of Unlimited Digital Downloads at participating locations once activated in park
1 Free Digital Shutterbuttons Video
1 Free 5x7 Print
1 Free 8x9 Print
1 Free 16x18 Poster Print in park
-1 Year Digital Package - UO Annual Pass NOT Required - $79.99
365 Consecutive Days of Unlimited Digital Downloads at participating locations once activated in park
1 Free 5x7 Print
1 Free 8x9 Print
-2 Year Digital Package - UO Annual Pass NOT Required - $129.99
730 Consecutive Days of Unlimited Digital Downloads at participating locations once activated in park
1 Free 5x7 Print
1 Free 8x9 Print

It is not certain that a similar deal will come up again but if you have the time, it is worth waiting to see.

Our first park day is planned for Volcano Bay. Do we need to activate first thing in the morning to get our photos for that day or can we wait until the afternoon to activate and still get any pictures taken before that?
I'm not sure about that, sorry. I know that you probably want everything linked prior to entering Volcano Bay - I had an issue with linking my credit card, and I'm still not sure why, as my photo package WAS linked. You definitely want to make sure that you see your photos before exiting the park, as you may wish to have one of the printed ones from your package done there - I was super glad, because Volcano Bay is the only place that can print Volcano Bay photos - it is amazing how the TapuTapu "talks" wirelessly to take your photo on the rides. It took just a couple of minutes for me to get a photo printed prior to leaving the park.

When are you going? If it is not for a while, follow their Facebook page and see what specials come up and if they'd work for you.

For instance these were the summer specials that were available:
-5 Day MUP Digital Package - $59.99
5 Consecutive Days of Unlimited Digital Downloads at participating locations once activated in park
1 Free 5x7 Print
1 Free 8x9 Print
-1 Year Digital Package - UO Annual Pass NOT Required - $79.99
365 Consecutive Days of Unlimited Digital Downloads at participating locations once activated in park
1 Free 5x7 Print
1 Free 8x9 Print
-2 Year Digital Package - UO Annual Pass NOT Required - $129.99
730 Consecutive Days of Unlimited Digital Downloads at participating locations once activated in park
1 Free 5x7 Print
1 Free 8x9 Print

It is not certain that a similar deal will come up again but if you have the time, it is worth waiting to see.
Not until the end of May - just liked their Facebook page. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm not sure about that, sorry. I know that you probably want everything linked prior to entering Volcano Bay - I had an issue with linking my credit card, and I'm still not sure why, as my photo package WAS linked. You definitely want to make sure that you see your photos before exiting the park, as you may wish to have one of the printed ones from your package done there - I was super glad, because Volcano Bay is the only place that can print Volcano Bay photos - it is amazing how the TapuTapu "talks" wirelessly to take your photo on the rides. It took just a couple of minutes for me to get a photo printed prior to leaving the park.

Thanks for the tips. I guess we'll just head to one of the photo counters in Volcano Bay first thing and hope they can sort us out quickly!

Is anyone else anxiously hoping for a Labor Day sale? I completely spaced out on the July sale and missed it by a day. Anything Black Friday would be after our trip. Looking back at the posts here and on their FB page I didn't see any between summer and Black Friday last year but I'm going to hold out hope...

So I purchased a package when it was on sale several months back. When we get to Universal, is there anything special I have to do to activate it?

Print out your confirmation e-mail, and bring it to the photo store at the entrance to one of the parks. They'll activate it for you.

Print out your confirmation e-mail, and bring it to the photo store at the entrance to one of the parks. They'll activate it for you.

I forgot my printed confirmation e-mail back at the hotel (ugh!) but they accepted the email with the all the information (on my phone).

I will follow the thread if someone can post if there is a sale for any 3 day package that is better than the $89.99 that is currently offered (I dont do FB)

We do not go to Universal until 6/25 so I have time to get the best deal.

We're arriving in December for 2 weeks (HRH) and I've been thinking about a photo package but unsure. Do offers come up regularly or is it best just to wait to get there rather than pre-book?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!