• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My tentative plans for HHN

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I think I will go early this year. Last year, I went 2 weeks before Halloween and it was mobbed! I saw the HHN hours on www.themeparks.com. It looks like it's starting on 10/4 and the hours atr 7 pm to 12 midnight. 10/5 has the same hours (no Sunday HHN). So I was considering doing HHN on 10/4. I may do BGT's Howl-O-Scream on 10/5 and go back home on 10/6.

So what is everyone else planning?

Hmm, 7-12? That's a short operation! I stayed until 1 last year and still didn't get all I wanted done. I will probably still go that weekend though, because I figure the short lines will make up for it. However, I would be less likely to go Friday. Is there any chance you could flip Howl-O-Scream and HHN Barry? That is if other people have this same problem...

Like I said, everything is tentative, so I can flip flop things if necessary. I went to Howl-O-Scream on the same date and it was mobbed! Haunted houses had 2 hour waits. I even had a wait on Kumba! Suprisingly, the Python had no wait at all. Anyway, if this year or years past are the same, I'd rather go to HHN on the first Saturday. Hopefully, if we are in the park by 5:30, we can do all the haunted houses by 7 or 7:30.

Wait a tick, in the park by 5:30? I thought it opened at 7. I have no problem with the first week, I just would be more likely to go on that Saturday. Either way, I think we'll be able to hit all the houses early on and mabye even be able to re-do our favorites if crowds permit.

I have went to Howl-O-Scream for the last two years. I have Busch Gardens/Sea World APs and the HOS discounts are great. I haven't been to HHN in a few years as I thought it was way too crowded and much more expensive. Last year at HOS I got the VIP tour package (don't know what it was called) it was an extra $25 a person (as opposed to HHN where it was like $125 for the VIP package). You got a tour guide and were in groups of about 18. You got front of the line to all Haunted Houses and priority seating at the stage shows. This was definitely the way to go. We saw everything in about 2:30 hours which left plenty of time for strolling around, snacking, and rides. We left early though as we had been at the park the whole day before and were tired. This is the only way I would go now that I have done this.

I also got the VIP at HOS and agree it is the only way to enjoy that event. Since my tour didn't start until 8:30 I thought I would try a few things before hand. I ended up seeing just one house and then running to make my VIP appointment. I also waited over an hour to ride the Egyptian themed coaster (name?) after my VIP tour. The lines at BG for HOS were ENORMOUS!!! Being able to skip those enormous lines and have great seats to all the shows was a treat. Note also that the Houses at HOS seemed about twice as large as at HHN and the rides are NOT apart of the VIP tour. I found HHN much more manageable. I think the parade at HHN helped to thin out the lines. Hopefully the attraction of the coasters and Spider-man at IOA will make the lines for the houses at HHN even more manageable this year.

jb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter