My "Surprise" Birthday trip + Baby's First time meeting Mickey!

bluechic03

DIS Veteran
Hi Everybody!

My name is Carolyn and I am a Disney Fanatic! Aren't we all here on the DIS though? :rotfl: I just turned 29 :scared1: and have been married to my hubby Derek for 5 wonderful years :hug: I have been to WDW many times, but this is my 4th time with DH and our first with our Son. Our last trip was April 2009, when my DH looked at the kids in line for Dumbo and said "Next time we come to Disney, we better have a baby with us!" I finally caved and our son was born 2-9-10 and will be just 11 wks for his first trip. His name is Silas Henry and is such a joy :lovestruc We will be traveling 4/26 (tomorrow!) to 4/29 and staying at the Swan. We will be meeting my DH's brother and his wife as well as my cousin and her son. They all are lucky enough to live in Florida :thumbsup2

Here's a few pictures to introduce us
S7302499.jpg

Silas and myself when he is 2 days old
S7302634.jpg

DH on the right and his brother Andrew on the left, with Silas at 1 month

S7302678.jpg

Silas again!

S7302610.jpg

And one more of Silas cuz he's just so darn cute! :hug:

I'm so excited to do a quick PTR since I wasn't even supposed to know about this trip yet :rolleyes1 I found out about it 2 weeks ago when DH forgot to log out of his email and I saw an email from Orbitz in his inbox. The subject line said "Orlando travel document 4/26-4/29". I debated whether I should tell my DH that I saw it, but in the end I just cant keep a secret from him. He was a little sad at first, since I ALWAYS find out about his surprises, but soon felt better because after all...... WE'RE GOING TO WDW! We are planning a trip for Dec 2010 and for April 2011 and are going to get APs. DH figured why not squeeze an extra trip in :confused3...cant waste a perfectly good maternity leave :rotfl: My b-day was Friday 4/23 so it was supposed to be a B-day present :woohoo:

Our plans are currently....

Monday 4/26
Depart Maine at 11:55am, layover in NYC, Arrive in Orlando at 5:30pm. We are getting picked up by Brother and Sister-in law from the airport. We will then check in at the Swan and get some dinner....I'm thinking Beaches and Cream, any other suggestions? I then want to watch Illuminations from one of the resorts, Probably Beach Club if we eat at Beaches and Cream.

Tuesday 4/27
Rope drop at MK! First ride for Silas will be Dumbo :hug: I'm so excited to show him the castle :cool1:He probably won't even know what's going on, but I'll remember it forever. We'll spend the morning in Fantasyland and then try to do Splash, BTMR, and Pirates. Hopefully we will then take a break/nap time back at the hotel. In the evening we are meeting my cousin and her son for dinner. We have an ADR for 6:45 at Biergarten, my favorite :drinking1 We'll probably get some rides in before dinner....I'm hoping at least Test Track, Nemo, Figment (another fav), and maybe watch the movie in Canada. After dinner maybe we'll watch Illumination again depending on if Silas has had enough. Our schedule is his schedule now :upsidedow

Wednesday 4/28
Rope drop at DHS for TSM, RnR, and ToT. DH also likes Star Tours and Indiana Jones and I like the Great Movie ride and Voyage of the Little Mermaid so hopefully we'll get all that in. We will either take a break or head to the MK, depending on the baby of course (and how much sleep he lets us get during the night lol) We'll do Tomorrowland and then anything else we missed or want to do again. We have an ADR at CP for 7:55pm to meet Pooh! Spectro is at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm, hopefully the baby will let us do both.

Thursday 4/29
Rope drop at DHS or Epcot, we are going to see which we want to go to that day. Our flight is at 4:55pm, so hopefully we can pack a bunch in that morning before heading home. We get home at 10:45pm that night and I'll be back to work the nextg Wednesday :headache:

Derek's brother Andrew and his wife Jeannie will be with us the whole time. I hope this will make it easier for doing rideer swap so DH and I don't always have to ride alone.

Ok I'm off to pack!!!!!!! I will be back soon with a TR :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter