??My Strategy??

Disneydays

Earning My Ears
Here's how I'm starting my budget for a return trip to WDW:
Already plan to go off peak....(sometime during the first 2 weeks in December 2002)

Have already decided on a Moderate...will be checking for codes when the time comes.

My strategy for budgeting food: I have reviewed all the restaurants on www.wdwig.com and have selected the places that we would most like to eat.

To my surprise...there aren't that many sit-down restaurants that we are dying to do...but have come up with a combination sit-down and counter service. We did this on a park by park basis.

Has anyone else done this and if so...what are your thoughts on this meal planning strategy???

Love this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

We got a pretty accurate food budget by looking at menus and deciding what we'll want to do. At several meals, we spent less because DH and I decided to each get soup or salad and then split an entree, but then we got more snacks than I had planed on, so it all evened out.

As long as you are realistic, you can get a basic budget. One tip--you may not always be where you thought you would be at meal times. Have a list of restaurants with similar prices in mind or on paper so you don't end up just going to the first place you see. For fast food in the parks, I made a list of places that I thought we would like with the type of food each served and the average price per meal and carried that info in a little notebook in my fanny pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter