My road to Dopey 2017......Comments and Encouragement Welcome

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
My road to Dopey 2017 starts today.....the reason for the ...is that I am almost positive I will be out of the country on registration day and with absolutely no access to a computer so I hope I can get registered.

I am about to turn 50....yup big 5-0 at the end of February so have given myself a goal to be under 200 pds by then. I weighted in this morning at 213.2.

I have along way to go. I have completed many many races including the unofficial Dopey where we added the 5K to Goofy back before there was a Dopey race, and a Goofy, 3 marathons and countless halfs, and various other race distances.

I have always walked these races, not that there is anything wrong with that, a mile is a mile regardless of how you finish it but I would like to not be worried about the sweeper buses and be able to do a jog walk combo. I am not looking to break any records except my own. However, I am about 50-60 pds over weight so have some additional challenges before I start officially training.

I have not decided what plan I will be following, I like portions of all of them but not sold on just one so might by a hybrid of different training options.

Right now I am starting with strength training and walking, I have a race at the beginning of May and official training for that starts in Feb so right now I am in the train to train and start eating clean.

I am giving myself till New Years Day to wean off pop, I have already weaned of chips....I always crave salt, last chip I had was Dec 26, 2015 so only working on day 2 but like any addiction 1 day at a time.

I hope to check in at least once a week to recap my progress but it might be more, I just figured for a change I will actually do the things I need to change my lifestyle instead of just talking about it.

So to start, I have done a strength training workout this morning as well as a 20 sec plank and as soon as my walking partner wakes up we will be heading out for some miles.

Thank you for reading my ramble......Kim

Yay Kim!!
Congratulations on the goals and the determination! Hoping you are able to figure out the registration dilemma.
Gearing up for goofy 2017 myself after defering from this year, so looking forward to following along with your progress!

Thank you I hope I can as well. Good luck with Goofy, I love the medal this year :)

Well progress is going great, food is going good and 2 days in a row of miles so that is definitely good, one foot in front of the other. Will get there.

I did have a pop yesterday and I am heading out bowling with the family so I am sure I will have one tonight but as long as I have only 1 a day for a weeks if need be but will get to were I am not having any.

Just keep swimming.

Weaning off sodium, chips, and soda? Plus strength training? Sounds like a perfect start to the year!

Have not posted for awhile but still here and putting one foot in front of the other.

Come on registration day!

My road to Dopey 2017 starts today.....the reason for the ...is that I am almost positive I will be out of the country on registration day and with absolutely no access to a computer so I hope I can get registered.

I am about to turn 50....yup big 5-0 at the end of February so have given myself a goal to be under 200 pds by then. I weighted in this morning at 213.2.

I have along way to go. I have completed many many races including the unofficial Dopey where we added the 5K to Goofy back before there was a Dopey race, and a Goofy, 3 marathons and countless halfs, and various other race distances.

I have always walked these races, not that there is anything wrong with that, a mile is a mile regardless of how you finish it but I would like to not be worried about the sweeper buses and be able to do a jog walk combo. I am not looking to break any records except my own. However, I am about 50-60 pds over weight so have some additional challenges before I start officially training.

I have not decided what plan I will be following, I like portions of all of them but not sold on just one so might by a hybrid of different training options.

Right now I am starting with strength training and walking, I have a race at the beginning of May and official training for that starts in Feb so right now I am in the train to train and start eating clean.

I am giving myself till New Years Day to wean off pop, I have already weaned of chips....I always crave salt, last chip I had was Dec 26, 2015 so only working on day 2 but like any addiction 1 day at a time.

I hope to check in at least once a week to recap my progress but it might be more, I just figured for a change I will actually do the things I need to change my lifestyle instead of just talking about it.

So to start, I have done a strength training workout this morning as well as a 20 sec plank and as soon as my walking partner wakes up we will be heading out for some miles.

Thank you for reading my ramble......Kim
You can do it! It's amazing - not the race to break records but the race to make memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!